The Sewing Place

Waaaaa! Gremlins on my back...

rubywishes

Waaaaa! Gremlins on my back...
« on: April 17, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »
This is the first time in weeks that I have been able to log on and access the forums! I've been able to "lurk" but the instant I "logged on" to reply to a post my computer gave me a blank screen and said The Sewing Place was no longer responding! Cold chills and sweats down my back...alone again...oh no....oh no..... :'( :'( But hey..tonight I can get in yay! Can any of the really clever techie people here tell me what happened to me? Do I have a virus (cough, cough), has this happened to anyone else?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Vegegrow

Re: Waaaaa! Gremlins on my back...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 11:07:35 AM »
No  Ruby we've been fine... well I think we've all been fine....
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 11:30:06 AM »
Atmospheric disturbance, Ruby or were you singled out for special treatment?   :P

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »
Was it just this site, or was the whole internet going slowly?  Could have been your internet connection?
Anyway, glad you're back in the room  0_0

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »
Could possibly be a timeout at that particular moment, or an issue with your internet. Computer viruses don't work like that though so you're fine there.

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 12:33:42 PM »
It'll go down in history as "The Great Melbourne Mishap Mystery"  :D Glad you're back on board, I've missed you  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

MrIminei

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 18:39:30 PM »
This is the first time in weeks that I have been able to log on and access the forums! I've been able to "lurk" but the instant I "logged on" to reply to a post my computer gave me a blank screen and said The Sewing Place was no longer responding! Cold chills and sweats down my back...alone again...oh no....oh no..... :'( :'( But hey..tonight I can get in yay! Can any of the really clever techie people here tell me what happened to me? Do I have a virus (cough, cough), has this happened to anyone else?
Ruby, if you (or anyone else) are having problems you can always email admin@thesewingplace.org.uk and we will work out what's happening.

rubywishes

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 07:08:43 AM »
Thanks for the email address Mr.Im.....have secreted it away in case I find myself bereft and alone again   :'(

No, don't think it's my connection as everything else on my 'puter is working just fine and it is happening to me when I use Mr.Rubys' 'puter as well and he isn't haven't troubles anywhere else either. I tried to log in again late last night but couldn't...am I just trying to get in when the forum is particularly busy? Does it, can it work like that sometimes? So anyways, thanks for the hand holding...I've just dashed in from work and am pleased to see that I have got on no probs......will be interestine to see how I go later tonight.
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)

rubywishes

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 07:11:50 AM »
Atmospheric disturbance, Ruby or were you singled out for special treatment?   :P

Curse those quilting police! :angry:

MrIminei

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 18:31:27 PM »
...am I just trying to get in when the forum is particularly busy? Does it, can it work like that sometimes?
We would have to be very much busier for that to happen repeatedly. I've just checked all the error logs and your user id doesn't appear. If it happens again would you let me know the time to within a minute or two?