The Sewing Place

Wednesday 17th July ...

Iminei

Wednesday 17th July ...
« on: July 17, 2019, 06:46:55 AM »
and Im back in the fields until Friday.

Im really loving this alternate form of work and am thinking of enquiring at our local vineyard, Langhams, about harvesting grapes later this summer! They do that by hand dont they???

Nothing else to report, I basically get up, go out, come back 9 hours later get in the shower and go to sleep!

Play nicely together and have good days wherever and whatever you are up to xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

justpottering

Re: Wednesday 17th July ...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 08:29:30 AM »
Glad you’re enjoying it Imi  <3

Morning everyone another warm one here
Tearoom for me today the car is loaded up ready to go I’m having a cuppa in the garden before setting off because although  I usually get a cuppa made for me I don’t get chance to drink it  0_0
When I confirmed with the owner that I was back and would be there today she asked if I had a good holiday I said holidays are the quickest two weeks of the year and she said that’s funny we’ve been counting the days here until you return  0_0

Have good days all whatever you get up to 
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 08:32:59 AM »
Grey and overcast here.

Not a promising day, so I'll leave it at that.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sandra

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 08:46:00 AM »
Another good start to the day. It looks a bit like summer out there.

Work today is to lengthen the sleeves on a jacket, and to shorten the long sleeves on a shirt to make it short sleeve.

Nothing came from the Dry Cleaner yesterday. It's given me the chance to try to get on top of my workload.

I'm pleased to say that I've discovered that my passion flower isn't completely done-for after my intruder-in-the-garden the other day/night. There were two stems coming from the ground, and only one had been crushed and broken off.  :) So I've cleared away all the dying and wilted bits and the remaining part of the plant can carry on.
Popped out to the post box yesterday evening to find a yucky, stained, double mattress has been dumped on the pavement a little further up the road.  :angry:

I've picked my crop of blueberries. Luckily, this year, I've got to them before the squirrel has. I've managed 11, with probably the same amount to follow.
A heavy crop this year.  0_0 And they're nice plump-looking ones too.

I'd better get started on these couple of jobs.

Enjoy your day.

Sandra.
xxx

snoozi soozi

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 08:50:53 AM »
G'morning up early and busy, nowt exciting as per. Going supermarket shopping today, need inspiration for what to have for tea, everything is with salad  :S

Have got a pair of trousers virtually finished that I could do to crack on with, been busy with crafty makes the past week.

Have a good day all
👓 changing the world, one stitch at a time

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 08:52:34 AM »
Another warm day.... I’ll be in the border... again!

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 09:30:53 AM »
I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the great outdoors Iminei.  There's nothing like peace and nature to clear your head.  It must be good for creative thoughts too while you are working.  You wouldn't need to bend down for grapes.
It's dull here, rain forecast for later.I need to refurbish another chicken house to accommodate my hen with chicks as I have another one sitting and hers are due to hatch on Sunday so she'll need the broody coop.  I think I'd better sort out some laundry first - there are more clothes out than there are in the wardrobe and drawers.
Have a good day all.
Life's too short for ironing.

twopence

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 09:44:07 AM »
My quilt group this morning.  Just today and next week before we stop until September.  I’m dressed a little formally this morning as I then am going to a funeral.  Not quite sure where the church is but the village isn’t very big so should be easy to find.

Enjoy your days everyone.

hernibs

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 10:40:42 AM »
Morning all....raining here as forecast....at least today is quiet as a neighbour had three trees cut down yesterday and it was very noisy all day.
At least DH will not be out weeding - rest day for him.  No rest for me - still lots of writing to do.

Hope you all have as good a day as possible.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 12:12:36 PM »
Morning  all.  Cloudy but warm here. No plans today
@Sandra we’ve got a reasonable crop of blueberries this year. Only got two plants but there’s usually enough for the two of us.  DH was out covering them early this year after we spotted Mr blackbird checking them out. 

jintie

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 16:02:57 PM »
I spoke to several strangers while held up on the bus going into Bristol,  by today's climate demos. None of them knew that the filthy air they were breathing was one of the reasons for the demo.

Nevis5

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 16:26:17 PM »
Afternoon, all.  Lovely day here, warm and sunny :)  I'm a happy bunny.  I've been out to the supermarket, had breakfast with my lovely friend, came back home for half an hour before going back into town for lunch with another lovely friend :)  it's a tough life sometimes  0_0

I've had a nice big parcel arrive from Fabworks in my absence containing a variety of lovely jersey fabrics to make up baby and toddler clothes in anticipation of the imminent (fingers crossed) arrival of my first grandchild.  It will be a very well dressed grandchild :)

DH is off to play in a tennis match fairly soon so I have to put together a salad dinner first before he toddles off.  While he's gone the plan is to do a huge pile of ironing that has been sitting waiting all week, along with pressing some new fabrics which have been pre-washed ready for cutting out.  Looking forward to sewing some of those up although at the moment I've no idea when I'm going to get a chance....

Enjoy your evening everyone x

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 16:35:55 PM »
I spoke to several strangers while held up on the bus going into Bristol,  by today's climate demos. None of them knew that the filthy air they were breathing was one of the reasons for the demo.

Quite! We used to live near Bristol Airport and I blame the awful air quality for DH’s blood cancer.  :angry:

A miserable day here weather-wise, lots of heavy showers and intermittent sunshine. I think we’re getting the tail end of the storm that hit Louisiana. Obviously, nowhere near as severe as in the States.

twopence

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 16:38:11 PM »
I found the church for the funeral and am just back from the wake.  It was held in the village pub which they closed for the occasion.  I got there with the secretary of the charity, a retired solicitor, and his secretary.  He offered to buy us a drink and so we both chose wine.  He came back with a large glass when he knew that I was driving.  Good job there was food to soak it up and I drove through the town very carefully.

Efemera

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 17:09:51 PM »
Bees stopped play....we decided to turn the compost bins and use the paving stones from the old patio to make new bays...3 large areas, got the first one emptied and then the bees protested, seems we disturbed a nest. The compost will have to wait. White tailed bees I think. Buzzzzzzzzz