The Sewing Place

My latest cross stitch project

Diane

My latest cross stitch project
« on: July 17, 2019, 12:50:27 PM »
Well i started this five weeks ago when my sister died suddenly, it’s kept me sane to be honest and i just get totally lost in it when I’m stitching. Got a way to go yet.
“I will not buy any fabric until I use my fabric stash at home,” I said. And then I laughed and laughed.

Frister & Rossmann QE404, overlocker Brother 1034d

sewingj

Re: My latest cross stitch project
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 12:52:53 PM »
Beautiful. Your eyesight must be a lot better than mine!

Very sorry to read about your sister.

Diane

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 12:54:39 PM »
Beautiful. Your eyesight must be a lot better than mine!

Very sorry to read about your sister.

Thanks
I use a magnifying glass as its 32 count otherwise I wouldn’t see the holes either.
“I will not buy any fabric until I use my fabric stash at home,” I said. And then I laughed and laughed.

Diane

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 13:01:37 PM »
I also done this embroidery a few months back, done in long and short stitch and it made a nice change to try something different.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 16:39:22 PM »
That’s beautiful Diane.  :loveit:
You’re very talented.

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 07:02:26 AM »
Gorgeous!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Puzzler

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 07:39:50 AM »
These are beautiful, Diane. I am sorry to hear about your sister.

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 10:22:48 AM »
Really beautiful work Diane.

I would love to be able to do something like that, but my fingers and eyes just won't co-operate.

Very sad news about your sister.  I'm sure you have lots of happy memories.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Greybird

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 10:28:07 AM »
That's lovely Diane. You will have stitched all your memories of your sister into it.

Diane

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 18:33:09 PM »
That's lovely Diane. You will have stitched all your memories of your sister into it.
Thats a lovely thought, i might stitch a few small words into the corner of it once I’ve finished in memory of my sister. Thanks for the idea

maliw

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 19:39:24 PM »
Beautiful, a lovely tribute to your sister.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Kenora

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 18:27:26 PM »
Both your projects are exquisite, Diane.  :flower:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Diane

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 20:31:25 PM »
Thankyou for all your kind replies.
It’s going to take a while to finish this squirrel cross stitch, I’m just doing the last bunch of flowers but they are so fiddly, single odd stitches everywhere 🙈 a lot of patience is needed. I’m tempted to do all the highlighting before i start the final part. I’ve got five days off work now so I’ll be cracking on with it.
Already looking at what to stitch next, tempted to do another long/short stitch bird but also fancy doing some hardanger. My dear hubby bought me the DMC cabinet for Christmas with every thread colour in it 😊 so I’ve plenty of threads and i keep buying linen so plenty of choice. A couple of months ago i had to buy myself a small sideboard to keep it all in, i just can’t help but keep buying stuff 🙈 very naughty.

Diane

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2019, 19:35:01 PM »
Well I’ve spent pretty much two days doing all the highlighting on this cross stitch 🙄thought it was never going to end. I started by following the pattern but didn’t like the look of it so unpicked it and did it my own way, looks much better in my opinion. Today i started on the squirrel and have done a fair bit but now my wrist feels a bit odd so I’ve stopped to give it a rest.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 08:34:02 AM by Diane »

Kenora

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2019, 20:05:40 PM »
Such beautiful work. <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath