The Sewing Place

Attachments........grrr......

KayK

Attachments........grrr......
« on: July 18, 2019, 15:56:18 PM »
Bother, blow and further words.  I decided to order a walking foot for my Brother V5 - thought it was a good idea at the time.  Said walking foot arrived costing me £32.45 (enough as it was VERY plasticky).  What I realised that it was for a short shank machine and the V5's are high shank.  I did state when I ordered which machine it was for.  I phoned the supplier who told me I should have an adapter with my machine.  I don't. The teeny bit of plastic and metal was going to be £14.95 + £3.45 postage making a total of £50+ for a basic piece of plastic!

It is going back.  I probably only wanted it on a whim.....I already have a seriously hefty walking foot on my Juki and an ancient but excellent one for the Singers.  The Juki foot 'fits' as it too is high shank, but the feed dogs are not compatible, otherwise I would have utilised that.  Grrrr.........
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well