The Sewing Place

It's Friday 19th July

jintie

It's Friday 19th July
« on: July 19, 2019, 06:24:49 AM »
And it's raining. Time to start a plan for the autumn wardrobe sewing? The season's Pantone colours are certainly bright.

Manuela

Re: It's Friday 19th July
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 07:04:38 AM »
It’s lovely here, a bit overcast - which takes the edge off the sun - and a nice sea breeze. I’m glad I’m not in Hong Kong, temperatures are up to 38 C there currently, and it’s not even sunny  :S I’ll go back on Sunday though...

snoozi soozi

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 07:39:30 AM »
G'morning the eldest SS and gf arrived late last night, so I'll just potter on as usual til they emerge. It's last day of school around here, I love scjool holidays, makes  :woof: walking so much easier  :P

Today I'm seeing my bestie to show her my makes for our wee venture, and to giggle about last night's SCD show.

Have a good day all

👓 changing the world, one stitch at a time

Nevis5

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 07:43:44 AM »
Morning, all!  Dull here at the moment too.  Feels a bit cooler for now. 

I'm going out for lunch with a friend later and then tonight another friend and I are going to a 25th wedding anniversary party, a chance to dig out the glad rags.    Apart from that, it's a peaceful day planned at home today, the first this week  :S  .  I've just finished cutting out the first of two dresses I want to make, then it's onto cutting out some baby clothes for that dratted baby who STILL hasn't turned up  0_0

All the main roads through town were shut last night as our dear Council has decided to resurface all of them at once  ><  so getting home from choir practice was...interesting.. to say the least.  Apparently it's going to happen next week too, but at least forewarned is forearmed.    Am a bit dopy (or more than usual) today as a result.

Have a great Friday, everyone!  The schools round here break up today so we will soon be overrun with little darlings.....

xx

Pearl

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 07:53:00 AM »
 Good morning.  I’m off to sewing class today.  Somerset folded patchwork today.  At least I won’t have to take my sewing machine.

Have a good day, all.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 08:56:22 AM »
Wet and cold here, and not set to improve...  :(

Still, that will be me sewing at the weekend then.

I've been feeling very low this week.  The prospect of my forthcoming eye operation is looming large.  Turns out it isn't Macular Degeneration as I was told, but an Epiretinal Membrane, and still entails a few months recovery. :S

Oh well, the sooner it's done...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

twopence

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 09:19:42 AM »
I’m sorry your feeling down Jessie, I’d not heard of an Epiretinal Membrane working for BucksVision so looked it up.  I think that you will need to take things easy after the surgery and will probably be given a list of things to avoid doing for a while.  Do you have a date yet?

I’m off for a swim and then must do some housework.  I need to pop into town to pay a cheque in.  It’s rained here so no watering tonight and by next week the water butts may be full again.

fajita

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 09:27:37 AM »
Morning.
Slept til 8.30 today, must be the dark and rainy weather.

I plan on choosing extra fabrics for the quilt I started, after my coffee.

Enjoy the water falling from the sky, everyone

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 09:35:28 AM »
Dull but dry here today... off to meet a friend for coffee this morning.

wrenkins

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 09:48:59 AM »
Morning all.
Excellent start to the day. Wren stole granny's breakfast toast AGAIN!!!! Third time this week. It seems there's no cure for stupid! I have politely suggested leaving the bread where the dog can't get it but that just makes it my fault somehow!  >:) ><
Cool and overcast here. I like cool!  :*
Enjoy your Friday.
Fashion fades, style is forever!

Greybird

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 09:54:57 AM »
Wet here too but I shan't be going out so it won't matter. Mum is having one of her more difficult days and I'm hoping for an improvement in that direction as the day goes on. Stepson and grand-daughter are coming for an overnight stay later on their way to his mother's in Devon. Haven't seen them for some time so it will be nice.

Take care of yourself @b15erk - sooner it's done and behind you the better.

BrendaP

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »
A bit cooler today but it's not raining.

I have a couple of friends coming round to make lace have a good natter.  They'll be here very soon, so I'd better get the kettle on, and put some jam into the Vic sponge I've just made.  I popped down to the corner shop for milk and some 'nice' (not Nice) biscuits but they didn't have anything appealing so I threw the cake together. 0_0
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Ploshkin

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 11:39:36 AM »
It's tipping down with rain here but it has saved me having to water my sister's many large plant pots that are residing with me until she moves house.  I've been down to town and my Project Linus quilt is now winging its way to Dorset.  I need to go out and finish preparing chicken accommodation but I think I'll wait until later when it hopefully dries up.
I set up my machine and overlocker yesterday so I think I'll make a start on my 'blue' garment which may or may not get finished before the deadline.
Life's too short for ironing.

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 18:05:53 PM »
Well, we're home early and missing the concert because I have the lurgy and Mr Acorn thinks he's getting it.   :(  We left the tickets for the staff at the Premier Inn who are absolutely lovely - I just hope there's someone who can use them at such short notice.

I did get a nice pile of fabric from Textile Express in Oswestry, Abakhan in Birkenhead and Calico Laine at Neston, and we had a lovely meal for our anniversary last night when I was only just starting with a sore throat.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

fajita

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2019, 18:10:50 PM »
@Acorn  What a shame to miss your concert, but a lovely idea to leave the tickets for the staff at the hotel.

Hope you are both well again, soon.