Maryna Laas

Program for creating patterns
« on: July 19, 2019, 12:12:09 PM »
Hello, tell me the program for creating patterns on the MacBook

badgermat

Re: Program for creating patterns
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 23:56:42 PM »
Have you seen or tried Seamly?

Seems (see what I did there??) to be available for Mac, but I have no idea whether it's any good.

bm

Link removed in accordance with the TSP Membership Agreement.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:56:01 PM by Acorn »

crfrench

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 12:25:17 PM »
I am personnally a member (and contributor) of the opensource pattern making Valentina project, which I use each day in my professional work.

It is free and available for Mac OS (10.7 and later), Win (7 and later), and Linux distributions (.deb and .rpm packages).

The project gathers in mainly Russian/English speaking members.

So I have created a Facebook group for French users, and very recently, another FB group for English speaking users (so they don't feel frustrated  :D).

This project exists since 2013, it has forked in 2017. The original project has been renamed Seamly 2D, the forked branch has gone on with the Valentina name (since it is the mother's first name of the developper).

Valentina project evolves and improves constantly, I definitely love it (but I am not objective at all  <3), its huggest strength is that patterns are parametric according to the use of formulas, so you draft your pattern once and it is usable for all sizes you want.

Link removed in accordance with the TSP Membership Agreement.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:54:49 PM by Acorn »

crfrench

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 13:21:31 PM »
@Iminei ,sorry for the link I had posted. I had not realised (as Valentina is not a commercial project), I will care now.