The Sewing Place

Westalee rulers course

Ellabella

Westalee rulers course
« on: July 19, 2019, 21:08:19 PM »
I've just seen this and am very tempted.

I've been doing bits and bobs with my ruler set but know a workshop would be very useful.

I'm looking at the beginners one in March next year.

Think it will be my Christmas present to me 0_0

Iminei

Re: Westalee rulers course
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 08:18:27 AM »
You are looking at the 3 day course at the bottom of the page Ella???

Which obviously should be followed by the next 6 month Jewel Quilt course ?  :devil:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Puzzler

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 08:35:12 AM »
Never heard of these before. Interesting. I won’t dissuade you from treating yourself to the course. Go for it! Let us know how you get on.

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 11:12:52 AM »
I have several friends who have done this class with Angela Attwood and they would all recommend it.  She has also demonstrated Westalee rulers on Sewing Quarter.

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 17:09:35 PM »
You are looking at the 3 day course at the bottom of the page Ella???

Which obviously should be followed by the next 6 month Jewel Quilt course ?  :devil:

Would be rude not to :devil:

Ellabella

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 19:20:24 PM »
Yesterday I completed my ruler quilting course.  It was absolutely fabulous.

I learned so much and had such a good time.

Angie Attwood the tutor really knew her stuff and had a excellent teaching style.  Simply Stitch studio in a lovely part of West Yorkshire is a lovely space and has great cake!

I’d had the rulers for ages but never got to grips with them but am a lot happier now. My stitch length still needs some work but is improving.

The rulers are so versatile and its amazing what you can do with the basic sample set.

I’m hoping to attend a course to do Angie’s Jewel Quilt later this year, it is stunning.

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 17:32:23 PM »
Playing this afternoon produced these patterns.   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]