The Sewing Place

White Singer Featherweight on ebay

Deafoldbat

White Singer Featherweight on ebay
« on: July 18, 2019, 19:45:34 PM »
Was someone looking for one of these recently? Mind you the bid has shot up from £50 to £221 in the time it's taken to post this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SINGER-FEATHERWEIGHT-221K-WHITE-VINTAGE-PORTABLE-ELECTRIC-SEWING-MACHINE-Gwo/192993473333?hash=item2cef4eb335:g:ohUAAOSw2opdLDss

Lilian

Re: White Singer Featherweight on ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 19:57:20 PM »
It was me @Deafoldbat I eventually got a black one  :) as I wanted the bigger fold up table.  I am still liking the white though, they are so cute.  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

Surest1tch

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 20:10:27 PM »
I've got a watch on that one, I'm just curious what it will eventually go for. As of last night it was still at £221. I absolutely definitely will not be going after it, if and I really mean IF I buy another machine it'll be either a Singer hand crank, a fiddle base or a treadle. I've got 11 machines now, I can't find time to use any of them so tell me why I'd love to add those 3 pleeeaaase

Kwaaked

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 21:10:08 PM »
For the US it's a pretty good deal.

I have 2 black ones as it is, and I use one and need to fix the other.  I'll wind up giving the latter to my daughter one day and letting her use it to sew on.

datcat23

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 22:54:07 PM »
I want one too, but its definitely a want rather than a need.  Britain is a bit far to ship one though.  They are pretty rare down here. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m