The Sewing Place

Hello

Shelley

Hello
« on: July 21, 2019, 15:46:26 PM »
Hello to you all from the south coast of England
I was a member of TSF moons ago and somehow missed this site til now!

I sew ballet tutus and dance costumes, but my daughter wants a prom dress next year and my son wants me to reupholster his classic car so I'm here hoping to pick up lots of tips and have a friendly shoulder to cry on when it goes wrong   0_0

fajita

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 16:00:33 PM »
Welcome, @Shelley  :flower: :drink:

I'd offer hints and tips, but you'd probably rather do it right  :D

Vezelay

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 18:03:23 PM »
Welcome to this very supportive community Shelley from another ex-TSFer. And good luck with the prom dress and classic car upholstery!

Kenora

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 18:27:21 PM »
Hi Shelley, and Welcome from me too. You're very brave to be tackling a classic car's upholstery - DH wouldn't have let me anywhere near ours when he was restoring it. :) Looking forward to seeing how you get on.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Shelley

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 15:59:45 PM »
Welcome, @Shelley  :flower: :drink:

I'd offer hints and tips, but you'd probably rather do it right  :D

Thank you Fajita, all hints and tips will be welcome as neither will be right if I try and wing it!!  0_0

Shelley

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 16:04:47 PM »
Hi Shelley, and Welcome from me too. You're very brave to be tackling a classic car's upholstery - DH wouldn't have let me anywhere near ours when he was restoring it. :) Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Thank you Kenora.  Rita (vw beetle) is a very long ongoing work in progress so I have lots of time to practice but I don't know whose braver: me or my son as Rita is the only love in his life  :D

Shelley

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 16:08:28 PM »
Welcome to this very supportive community Shelley from another ex-TSFer. And good luck with the prom dress and classic car upholstery!

Thank you Vezelay.  I am completely outside my comfort zone with both and so I'm so glad I found this little community again!

Surest1tch

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 23:05:14 PM »
Welcome from me too Shelly  :D

hernibs

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 23:30:22 PM »
Welcome from me too...hope all goes according to plan.  With the help of the experts here, of which I am NOT one, you will do the job well.

Nevis5

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 03:36:13 AM »
Hello, @Shelley  , and welcome from me too.  I wouldn't know where to start on a car's upholstery so no tips or tricks from me, but I admire your bravery  0_0 0_0  good luck xx

Lachica

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 06:50:06 AM »
Welcome, it sounds as though you've got a learning curve ahead! I look forward to following your progress.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Puzzler

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 07:32:21 AM »
Welcome, @Shelley. You are sure to save money by making the prom dress. I spent an extortionate amount of money on one for DD2, more fool me. She did have some occasions to wear it following the prom so at least it wasn’t a one-off.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 07:36:20 AM »
Hello @Shelley welcome please let us know how you get on with it all  :)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

b15erk

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 09:32:30 AM »
A big welcome from me too Shelley! 

This is a lovely place to hang out, and lots of skilled sewers.

Look forward to hearing about your projects.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 09:51:25 AM »
Hello and welcome from me.

Good luck with Rita. I used to be a bug owner too. Various 50’s and 60’s bugs plus a few Splitties. There are lots of very experienced and friendly folk in the VW community who will help with advice and support with restoration work.