The Sewing Place

EPP quilt in progess

RJR_38

EPP quilt in progess
« on: July 22, 2019, 21:22:46 PM »
I have decided to make the millefiore quilt by Katja Marek. It will be a slow, long term project as I can do lots of
EPP for a few weeks and then I get bored. I have finished the first rosette of the quilt and am pleased with how it has come out Part of me doesn’t want to carry on with the rest of the quilt in case I ‘spoil it’ haha.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Kenora

Re: EPP quilt in progess
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 21:29:13 PM »
That looks really good @RJR_38 . :flower: I've never tried EPP but enjoy hand stitching and would like to have a go. I just need to find a pattern I like.  :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

fajita

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 22:14:43 PM »
Looking good!  Keep checking in after every enthusiasm burst.  @RJR_38

WendyW

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 22:48:35 PM »
OOOH! Pretty! I have drooled over the millifiori quilts, but will probably never do one. It will take the rest of my life to finish the Grandma's Flower Garden quilt that I have started. TWO EPP quilts in my lifetime is probably overkill.

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 22:56:06 PM »
I love your colours.  Will the whole quilt be in blues / purples?
Life's too short for ironing.

RJR_38

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 07:48:10 AM »
Thanks everyone. Wendy, my first EVER quilt was a Grandma’s Flower Garden that I hand pieced as it was my first foray into the world of quilting.

Ploshkin, on the original each rosette is a different colour
https://www.katjasquiltshoppe.com/quilt-alongs/the-new-hexagon-millefiore-quilt-along/

I will probably do similar but am going to try and keep the metallic gold theme throughout to bring it all together

wrenkins

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 09:05:44 AM »
@RJR_38 if you type 'hexagons' in the search box you'll see what other nutters keen darksiders have done with EPP.
There's an even worse better example by someone but I can't remember whom. Maybe @rubywishes??? My memory is rubbish but I think it was a cushion??
Bonkers!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

maliw

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 11:48:32 AM »
That is lovely well done. I started some EPP two years ago, it goes on holiday with me as it's easy to transport but I know what you mean about getting bored. The good thing is that it's something you can pick up or put away for a while. I'm just doing a random thing and it's getting quite big now so only took the hexies away with me this time. It doesn't matter when you finish it, it's not a race take your time and enjoy.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

rubywishes

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 12:53:08 PM »
@RJR_38 .There's an even worse better example by someone but I can't remember whom. Maybe @rubywishes???

Crikey nope it wasn't me.....don't do EPP  :S. Now FPP..that I do do 0_0
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:56:26 PM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Efemera

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 08:43:01 AM »
That’s beautiful....

RJR_38

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 18:48:04 PM »
Crikey nope it wasn't me.....don't do EPP  :S. Now FPP..that I do do 0_0

Haha! I like FPP as well. The quilt in my profile pic has a huge central panel that is paper pieced. Haven’t found a design that grabs me for a few months though.

KayK

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 13:14:59 PM »
OMG =I've just gone all sweaty looking at it!  It is absolutely beautiful.  Well done you!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

rubywishes

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2019, 07:13:22 AM »
. Haven’t found a design that grabs me for a few months though.
I was given this book and I'm just loving the idea of making these cushions. It comes with all the foundation blocks in the back of the book...I haven't had a good read of it yet but I'm guessing you have to photocopy the blocks out onto your own foundation papers...hmm and maybe adjust their size as well.....I'm hoping to sit down and have a good look at it tomorrow after work but it just looks delicious to me!!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

RJR_38

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2019, 20:49:59 PM »
That looks good rubywishes. Generally I like FPP that makes a ‘picture’. I used to use quiltartdesign.com a lot when she was on craftsy but since designers got booted from there I haven’t really found anything new on her site that grabs me (but I check regularly just in case)

RJR_38

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2019, 20:50:53 PM »
I’ve started Rosette 2. The first picture shows what so have sewn so far. The second pic shows what I have basted ready for the next round. I intend the make the final round more pinks again. I don’t think I like it as much as the first rosette but I need to remember that it will all be part of one busy quilt and that I will like some more than others.