The Sewing Place

Verao Top layout

b15erk

Re: Verao Top layout
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 10:24:47 AM »
Hmmm, I'll try again, thanks @Ohsewsimple

It's a free pattern, and makes a very nice t shirt.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »
That works!    :). Looks like it would be ideal in this weather   

b15erk

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 10:50:24 AM »
It's a nice pattern @Ohsewsimple , but comes up small.  I couldn't find my original pattern to had to do the alterations again, this included widening the shoulders  The length is quite short too, so I added 2" at the waist.

The version I have on today, I altered and added a short sleeve.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

BrendaP

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2019, 19:27:14 PM »
If the lace fabric is stretchy I don't see why you need to cut it on the bias, unless you specifically want the diagonal design.  A plain fabric for that neckline will look classy.

As I said, if you can get the main pieces cut from the fabric you have there is always the possibility to improvise add design features with the smaller pieces.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.