The Sewing Place

How to Sew an Elegant Wide Belt - Threads Magazine

Happymrsg

How to Sew an Elegant Wide Belt - Threads Magazine
« on: July 27, 2019, 23:42:43 PM »
An item from Threads Mag popped up on my FB "How to Sew an Elegant Wide Belt" Its in edition no 126 – Aug./Sept. 2006 & I'm wondering whether anyone has this magazine & would be willing  to lend it to me.
I recently bought a dress & I don't like the belt it came with & this is just what i'm looking for.
I would really appreciate any help with this.

Many thanks

StitchinTime

Re: How to Sew an Elegant Wide Belt - Threads Magazine
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 10:27:43 AM »
I have the back issues of Threads on DVD so it should be on there. I don’t have access to PC with a DVD drive at the moment, but I might be able to sort something this week before I go to Festival of Quilts. If not, I’ll certainly be able to borrow a drive from work next week.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 10:46:13 AM by StitchinTime »

Happymrsg

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »
@StitchinTime thank you for your response.
I have been thinking about this for weeks & searched & searched for the article myself, but could never get the whole article from Threads. I've just looked again & found a pdf from Sew Stylish & been able to print out the instructions. I'm going to have a go at this today.
Thankyou so much for offering to help me out.

Holly Berry

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 12:07:22 PM »
@Happymrsg Is it this one? https://www.threadsmagazine.com/2011/06/26/how-to-sew-an-elegant-wide-belt

Looks like you have to subscribe, but there’s a 14 day free trial.
Procrastination get behind me

Happymrsg

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 14:25:06 PM »
@Happymrsg Is it this one? https://www.threadsmagazine.com/2011/06/26/how-to-sew-an-elegant-wide-belt

Looks like you have to subscribe, but there’s a 14 day free trial.

Thanks @Holly Berry  that is the article I wanted. See above - I have now found it. I've made a toile of it this morning using an old sheet. It's turned out well but I'm a bit apprehensive if I use something more silky, it won't be easy cutting bias strips