The Sewing Place

Vogue Autumn Patterns

classical retro

Vogue Autumn Patterns
« on: July 28, 2019, 19:38:03 PM »
Have been released.
There seems to be a focus on coats. This Rachel Comey jumpsuit looks interesting. Can anyone explain how the left leg might be constructed?
CR :angel:

Nevis5

Re: Vogue Autumn Patterns
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 12:31:17 PM »
I really like this set of patterns this season, agree with @Francesca  that the Guy Laroche coat is fabulous.  I can't wear trench coats though; look like the proverbial sack of potatoes tied in the middle so will wait to see Fran's version  :devil:

Is the wrap part of the jump suit just an overlay sewn into the side seam, do you think @classical retro  ?

fajita

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 12:46:03 PM »
https://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v1637

I could wear this one to school, I'd look like I was wearing one of the children's painting aprons.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 13:03:59 PM »
Nothing that floats my boat...  :(

BrendaP

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 16:32:16 PM »
Nothing to float my boat either.  :S
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 18:21:31 PM »
I like the two Sandra Betzina patterns. Love the skirt and I've just bought a quantity of dark green tartan silk dupion which would be lovely for this pattern except it's narrower width  :S. I like the Guy Laroche coat and the Julio Cesar jacket. With trench coats I just tie the belt round the back which avoids the sack of potatoes look. Quite like the Marcy Tilton top but it isn't as exciting as some of the other patterns. When they have sale I'll order up 3 patterns from the US site- (probs the 2 Sandra Betzinas and the Guy Laroche) with 20% off for ClubBMV membership and postage on top that should work out at £8 to £8.50 per pattern depending on whether the £ has completely gone through the floor.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 19:11:14 PM »
Nothing much there I like...

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 21:27:17 PM »
I thought V1648 by Julio Cesar, the inheritor of Koos Van Der Acker, was imaginative but I will never make it and even if I did will never have occasion to wear it.

classical retro

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 20:55:18 PM »
Is the wrap part of the jump suit just an overlay sewn into the side seam, do you think @classical retro  ?
[/quote]

Not sure Nevis5. I keep looking, but wonder how it's done.  It's an advanced pattern, so perhaps that's the challenge.
CR :angel:

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 16:33:12 PM »
I don't think the new Vogue patterns have hit the UK yet though I ordered up 3 from the US site in a sale, they arrived last week and I've already cut out a Sandra Betzina dress. With my ClubBMV membership and postage they worked out at £27.75 for the three.

I've just checked the Sewdirect website and I see that top price Vogues at full price are now an eyewatering £17 per pattern. I supose that the fall of the £ against the $ and other currencies is largely responsible.

weary

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 19:29:18 PM »
@Francesca
Club BMV is US$10.
BUT.... at the moment, until 23rd Aug (US date-change) the 'standard' website is offering reductions and patterns are US$7 each without BMV membership.  So if you are quick.........
From memory postage to UK is US$15

Clicky-linky-thingy here for convenience.

Regards,
Phil

Tamnymore

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 22:47:11 PM »
ClubBMV gives you 20% off pattern prices. Sales on the US website are frequent..  It's only economic to buy in a sale. Postage is  $15 for up to 3 patterns and  $25 for up to  7. It usually tskes 10-12 days for patterns to arrive.
Remember that if you order more than £18  worth of patterns you could end up with customs charges.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 22:48:56 PM by Tamnymore »

wrenkins

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 07:18:39 AM »
Oh for goodness sake @weary you're not here five minutes and already you've made me buy something! My first Vogue pattern!  :loveit:

It came all in at just over £18 with P&P and I realise economies of scale would have helped but I didn't even need that one never mind any more!

Welcome @weary. Have a cuppa.  :drink:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Tamnymore

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 08:27:20 AM »
Yes the best value is to buy 3 Vogues in a sale but of course you have to find 3 you like!
Even at £18 you haven't paid any more than full UK price @wrenkins given that the highest price Vogues are £17 and you would hsve p&p on top of that.