The Sewing Place

A rare occurrence

Lowena

Re: A rare occurrence
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 10:21:54 AM »
@Gernella I don't know how much clothes patterns cost but I think Under the Sea was about £20
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Gernella

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2020, 10:33:05 AM »
@Gernella I don't know how much clothes patterns cost but I think Under the Sea was about £20

I suppose in the scheme of things that's expensive as clothes pattern (around £15 some much lower) you would use probably many times over (skirt pattern) plus some have variations on. 
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

supergran

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2020, 10:47:51 AM »
Call me tight but I wouldn't pay £20 for a pattern for anything.  :scream:

Deafoldbat

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2020, 18:52:31 PM »
@Gernella I wouldn't pay £20 for a single pattern either unless it was something I was totally enthused by. With P&Q you can make it up as you go along. The advantage of books is that someone has done most of the working out for you, and you can just blindly follow instructions. There is usually a basic 'how to' chapter first, then patterns, with yardage, cutting sizes etc. As you learn to look at things and understand how they are constructed, you can make your own adjustments to size or layout.

Sara-S

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2020, 17:53:18 PM »
Sometimes, you do need to step back from a project. Looking at it later, with fresh perspective may help.

But I must tell you, that when I saw the title of this thread I thought that someone heard that I was at a loss for words!  :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 18:04:39 PM by Sara-S »
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.