The Sewing Place

Indigo dyed quilt beginning

LeilaMay

Re: Indigo dyed quilt beginning
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 17:25:01 PM »
All mine have had LED bulbs put in them, as they're a bit smaller in the 'body' (same size at the important electrical end obviously) it seems a bit easier to get them in. I turned the machine on it's back I think, just for a bit more ease of access. I looked exactly where it had to go with a torch, so I could see where the lug openings were (does that make sense?)

Not sure what else to offer, hope that helps?

Best wishes  :vintage:

Lilian

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 18:33:14 PM »
Thanks @LeilaMay I have an LED bulb but still struggle to get it in properly it must be my gammy hands lol.  I will keep trying  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

LeilaMay

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 18:46:23 PM »
I do know there are at least two types of bulb for featherweights. My white machine takes a bulb which is different from my black machines - I think it's about manufacture date but I could be wrong.

Take a look at this video and maybe you'll at least find an answer?
best wishes

https://singer-featherweight.com/blogs/schoolhouse/featherweight-led-bulb-comparison?_pos=1&_sid=c0681edab&_ss=r -

Lilian

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 18:40:36 PM »
Thanks @LeilaMay I watched that and now understand the difference in the bulbs  :) :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

LeilaMay

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2020, 13:07:15 PM »
At last, having been sidelined by some gift quilts, the indigo quilt has finally made it to the basting table.
I've covered most of the wooden top with a sheet of hardboard, and am using big clips found online (thank you to the folks that pointed me in the right direction) as the table top is very thick - made by himself.
Batting delivered from Midsomer Quilting, all other things in had - so off we go again with this project  :)  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

BrendaP

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2020, 14:51:56 PM »
At first glance I thought it was a tablecloth with individual place mats sewn in. >:)
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

LeilaMay

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2020, 15:07:49 PM »
At first glance I thought it was a tablecloth with individual place mats sewn in. >:)

Oh well  :(
That wasn't a very kind thing to write to a beginner :(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:54:56 PM by LeilaMay »

Acorn

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 15:12:16 PM »
It's fabulous - did you dye the sashing strips too?  They match perfectly.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

LeilaMay

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 15:21:35 PM »
It's fabulous - did you dye the sashing strips too?  They match perfectly.

Yes I did, and the back is plain indigo - all done in the same vat last summer.
Quilting will be minimal, but with a variegated thread that I hope will give it "discreet pop"  - along with a similar colour ombre fabric in a flange binding.
   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 22:21:56 PM by LeilaMay »