The Sewing Place

FOQ 2019 .... SWAG and synopsis

Iminei

FOQ 2019 .... SWAG and synopsis
« on: July 30, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »
As you know I will be winging my way Midlandswards on Thursday for Festival and I wondered if there was anything that YOU wanted or needed from Europes largest Quilting show, but cant get as you are not going ???

If there is, let me know and I could pick it up for you.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 09:45:52 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

snoozi soozi

Re: FOQ ... Offering my services
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 09:15:04 AM »
Great idea, the joys of buying but not costing you anything  :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
Thanks Imi but I'm sorted as Stitches is going and will denude Doughtys batik stall for me  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 09:22:26 AM »
Can you send me back the wonderful feast for the senses (but without the crowds)?   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 16:33:02 PM »
Sadly photos will be minimal this year as in previous years I had the luxury of an exhibitors pass which allowed for both early entry and late exit ... resulting in pics without people in them.

Im thinking about buying a tuffet pincushion to replace my black hole of a mouse ... Has anyone got one ? made one??? Are they easy or hard?

Does no one want anything ??????

RJR_38

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 16:49:45 PM »
I’m going myself and will undoubtedly buy far more than I should  :S haha

Pearl

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 16:52:40 PM »
Which day(s) is/are you going, @RJR_38 ?

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 18:09:38 PM »
Im thinking about buying a tuffet pincushion to replace my black hole of a mouse ... Has anyone got one ? made one??? Are they easy or hard?

@fajita has definitely made one.   ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

fajita

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 18:16:28 PM »
Still in daily use.
Maybe it should be our next swappy thing. Pincushions?

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 18:39:41 PM »
Mmmnnn Good Idea Fajita ... how about extending it to any useful sewing article ...

that could encompass thread catchers (mine, given to me by Quiltysisty is in use every day I sew) and other paraphernalia
Suggestions ?????
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 21:37:56 PM by Iminei »

RJR_38

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 20:14:09 PM »
I like that idea!

Iminei

Re: FOQ 2019 .... SWAG and synopsis
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 10:47:46 AM »
Well Gals, yesterday was my day at FOQ ... and what a whirlwind it was ...

a late arrival 11am, I made my way to the Gourmet Quilter to settle some business and drool over her new fabric ranges and patterns from Hofmann fabrics and suddenly it was 12 midday and time for me to wend my way upstairs with the Project Linus Quilts.

Quelle Horreur ... They'd taken away the comfy seating ....
WHY? Well, I heard a rumour that last year a gaggle of girls had run amok up there during the midday hour and they were keen to prevent a recurrence ... Well that fell flat didnt it?!

I draped the quilts over the railing and as I finished laying the tenth one out, Sandra appeared and gave me a big Hug.
We settled ourselves on the floor and soon we were 10....  Mali and her friend Phyll, Kitten and baby Kitten arrived followed hot on their heels by Twopence and Jo Bunny, Pearl and StitchinTime completed the gang.

We chatted about this and that before SIT had to slip away to the next half of her workshop, sorry we didnt see more of you SIT but I hope you had a great time!

Around 20 past one we decided to head down to the Project Linus stand and give away the quilts we had brought, I think we had 13 by then, Mali  and Twopence had brought theirs with them and Pearl, still stitching the binding down as she arrived managed to tie off the threads a minute or so before the handover!  :P

PL were situated in a very narrow alley so pics, especially of 13 quilts were hard to take but Ive tried ...
Have a look at them HERE!

And so on to My Swag

No pincushions were bought on this trip but I did see some I seriously lusted after ...

Keith Shorrock (G60) handcrafts Shaker boxes that included pin cushions and lil Shaker pincushions themselves but at that point I simply couldnt justify the cost  :'( I also fell deeply in love with his Elm G&T table ... Yes Please!

The other outstanding, for me, stand was  Millers Quilting (B67).

The frames and notions were simply, stunningly, beautifully crafted. They had porcelain thimbles to die for and quality metal half-thimbles (?) in all sizes and the most gorgeous things ... It was all just beautifully made and designed and it took a minute or so before I realised why ...

They were Amish (or were made in the Amish style ?)

So Simple, So beautiful ... @Lowena  you could do worse than ask your OH for a Christmas or Birthday gift from them. If you are Festival this year, Do go and check them out if you have the time.

So that is my rundown of the festival this year ... I closed my eyes as I went past quilts as I knew I would be lost, but made up for my frugal spending in the last two years.

I wish I had taken the £££ Plunge and bought a pincushion from Mr Shorrock and maybe even a porcelain thimble, as when stitching the Starry Night the other day I stabbed myself quite a few times ......  but next year ??????!!!!!

As ever, when you visit my albums, click on a pic, click on the i icon and details will appear to the right.

Lowena

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2019, 11:33:37 AM »
I'll definitely check them out,thanks @Iminei the
@Pearl I absolutely love your quilt. Grey and yellow are one of my all time favourite combos  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sandra

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2019, 17:37:27 PM »
Nice swag!

Love your Halloween bundle.  0_0
I kept a lookout for Halloween fabrics and could see several places had them. I knew you'd find something suitable.

I'm surprised by how round-faced I look in that picture on the balcony  :o  :S 

Sandra.
xxx

maliw

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2019, 17:50:08 PM »
Niiiice swag @Iminei. Glad you got what you wanted.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula