The Sewing Place

The little things that please

Gernella

The little things that please
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:19:34 AM »
Prior to getting the little kitten, my sewing  room (his first home) had to be completely sanitised to get rid of all things that could harm.  I'm  currently using  the dining room table with my summer machine and likely to be there a few weeks longer.

I was warned by the breeder that he was a little monkey and she was right, he is into everything so in anticipation of having trouble when I started using the sewing room again (he should quieten down after his snip), I knew I would have to be more careful with my tools (if something is in his way he just  pushes it off or away).  So I've been looking for a sewing bag that I could store the stuff I use all the time and zip up out of the way when I'm not there.

It took a bit of finding to get exactly what I wanted but I eventually finished up  with one from Amazon.  It looks a good size but when you open it up it is humungous, it widens right out so much so you could nearly get a small sewing machine in.  Plenty of pockets etc.  Mind you, Amazon are cheeky beggars, it was £20 reduced from around £26 I think.  Seconds after I bought it, I went back and looked  at it again and the price had already gone back up, this morning when I looked they had put the price up again.  I am so glad I didn't dither too long.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009YXE1JK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

BrendaP

Re: The little things that please
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:28:27 AM »
It's £31 now!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:34:08 AM »
Looks interesting, shame there isn't a pic of the inside.

I just searched for it on Amazon, and there are lots of different colours, including a leopard print one at £8 something.

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »
Looks interesting, shame there isn't a pic of the inside.

I just searched for it on Amazon, and there are lots of different colours, including a leopard print one at £8 something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QGKX1MK1rI

It's funny how it opens up, the zip when opened seems to shove the sides out. For £8 I could stand a bit of leopard.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Morgan

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 20:23:18 PM »
And if someone wants to make a carrying / storage bag for their SM https://shop.amongbrendasquilts.com/products/sewing_machine_and_extension_table_tote?variant=28030007378007
For a soft padding use Vilene Stylevil.  It's great for bags, better than wadding or headliner.

Gernella

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 17:05:26 PM »
Well I'm that impressed with this I've gone and bought the cheap £8.60 one, no idea why it is cheaper apart from Leopard is not everybody's cup of tea.  I didn't notice the price time before because I took one glance at the colour and moved on.

I use the little Bernina  downstairs in summer and everything is stored in a fancy bag I got off Ebay, which is nice but you have to delve every time you want something.  This is far superior, far more usable space and not much larger, but better  designed  for my needs. 

I feel like a big smirk coming of  satisfaction coming but I had better not, I had to make up to £20 with an item from my Wish list and I am already absolutely brassic for this month.  :S

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 21:07:06 PM »
Just had a look as I want something like this and the only leopard one I can find is £30.72 >< :S

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 10:08:28 AM »
I never noticed this one when I first bought mine @Ellabella

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011Q1ZNWQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only thing is if you don't need anything else to make up to £20 its £4.50 postage (I think).

I don't like leopard but for that price I can live with it.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 10:12:30 AM »
That Marketplace seller really is mixing their prices up!  It looks as though whichever's selling best gets the price bumped up until something else takes over.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bogwoppit

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 10:16:12 AM »
It's over £33 now. Amazon must have an algorithm that puts price up after getting a 5 star review.
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Ellabella

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 11:19:11 AM »
Thanks @Gernella don't know why I couldn't find that one.

Never mind, its winging its way to me via my DDs prime account.

Doing it that way saves me adding things to get free postage.

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2019, 12:26:09 PM »
It's the same one @Ellabella  - the seller is just playing silly games with the prices.  It's gone back up to £30.72 now!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 13:58:20 PM »
Oh it’s not often I pick the right time to buy things, will enjoy it even more now.

Gernella

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 10:50:02 AM »
They are absolute buggers, aren't they. I assumed it was Amazon playing the numbers.

Ellabella

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 20:19:53 PM »
Well my leopard bag arrived and it’s fab.

Nice and strong lots of pockets and the shape means that when you open the top zip the bag stands open so every thing is east to get to.

The print wouldn’t have been my first choice but seeing as I paid less than £9 I can certainly live with it.

Mind you I’ve just checked and it is now over £42 so I was very lucky.  0_0  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]