The Sewing Place

Inside the Factory

Greybird

Re: Inside the Factory
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 22:39:00 PM »
I can't stand Greg Wallace either, but even worse is the Ruth woman. I would have enjoyed the programmes where people lived in the same way they did in historical times but I couldn't watch them because of her.

HenriettaMaria

Re: Inside the Factory
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2019, 19:17:10 PM »
….the Ruth woman. I would have enjoyed the programmes where people lived in the same way they did in historical times but I couldn't watch them because of her.

She really is awful, isn't she?  I had a conversation with a guy called Stuart Peachey, who is the historian behind the Green Valley Farms historical village project and an authority on working class clothing of the late C16th and early C17th.  A TV company did some filming there a few years back (I recall it went out as an early evening series, although I can't remember which channel) and she was just odd.  She would rock up, do a piece to camera and vanish again without getting in any way involved or discussing what she was doing with the staff there.  Consequently, they were trying to film activities completely out of season when the weather was too cold/hot/dry/wet or the foliage was too green/absent altogether.