The Sewing Place

Machine embroidery troubleshooting please

Lachica

Re: Machine embroidery troubleshooting please
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 14:38:28 PM »
Any chance of borrowing a free motion embroidery foot to try, before you buy? Glad you've now found the tension knob! Metallic thread..... :devil: get a metallic needle, it has a deep groove to prevent shredding...allegedly....it always shreds for me. Good luck, and do let us see your progress.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Morrie

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 14:48:12 PM »
The only person I know who has an embroidery foot is my boyfriend's mum, and I gave it as an Xmas present so I probably shouldn't ask to borrow it! :)

I like collecting sewing tools though even if I don't use them ha. I've got a heat gun and granite chopping board for experimenting with tyvek, but I still haven't used them. But it's  nice to know they're there :D

Thank you, I'll post updates when I'm a bit further along, probably with more questions  8)

Lachica

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 14:55:53 PM »
Go on, ask her! I bet she's really pleased to have some common ground with her son's GF & will be only too pleased. Of course, it might not fit your machine.
Mary

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 16:25:19 PM »
Metallic threads.  Mmmmmm yep best get this sorted first.  However If you do try it, Brother metallic embroidery thread behaves fairly well. 
Haha.  Glad you got the right dial now.  It’s all a learning curve!   :)

Morrie

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2019, 22:31:06 PM »
Here is my progress so far. Since this photo I have sewn one of the side panels onto the main, and started hand-embroidering the ends together across the seam. I am now sick of the sight of it but ploughing on because hopefully I will be happy on the other side!    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 22:41:22 PM by Morrie »

Lachica

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2019, 07:05:21 AM »
That's lovely. Worth persevering. I look forward to seeing the finished article. I do like Celtic motifs.
Mary