The Sewing Place

Another Vogue 9230

Bodgeitandscarper

Another Vogue 9230
« on: August 14, 2019, 10:06:27 AM »
I finally decided what to do with my lovely fabric, it's another V9230 cos I know it fits nicely.

The fabric is shades of denim blue, the light patches in the pic are nowhere near that pale, it wouldn't photograph well.  It's such an odd fabric, it's very very stretchy lengthways, but I've cut it so the stretch goes across, but it feels very cotton-like, and has an almost jacquard/lacey face.

I altered the pattern last time I used it, removing the overlap of the top section, lengthening the top pieces and then turning the seam allowance back, placing over lower section and top stitching 3/8" in to give the effect of a tiny overlap.  I also removed and pleats and gathers from the lower pieces and put a small pleat at the centre back.
I'm just hoping it all works as well as it did the last time. 
I've already found one of the princess seams just didn't fit despite pinning twice, sewing once, unpick, then sewing so the seams fitted, but I need to trim some off one end.  Me, bodge it?  Hell, yes!
The first overlap went a bit haywire too, as the fabric is very stretchy, so I ended up putting some wondertape on before sewing to hold it and stop it stretching out. 

Back to it today, will hopefully finish it.  I'm already thinking why didn't I go with my first idea of use a very simple pattern as the fabric is quite fancy...

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Another Vogue 9230
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 18:36:55 PM »
That fabric was a right pig to sew, it's so stretchy, in fact it almost stretches 100%.  Lots of wondertape came into action to stabilise some seams and the hems. 
Anyway, it's finished and I have to say I'm really chuffed with it - in fact, t'Other Half reckons it's one of the best things I've made.

Again, the pic makes it look lots lighter than it really is.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 19:08:59 PM »
Very nice....

Lizzy777

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 19:12:05 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper

It's lovely. Well made and fits you really well too.

I like the fabric.

lizzy

snoozi soozi

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 20:12:33 PM »
I love it, great job  :)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 21:19:16 PM »
Lovely @Bodgeitandscarper. Looks great. I like that pattern and have used it once with a checked fabric. Of course that gave me the headache of pattern matching!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 09:23:39 AM »
That's lovely @Bodgeitandscarper ! Fabric + pattern = beautiful jacket!

I hope you have room for adjustments as the weight drops off you!  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 09:25:20 AM »
That's lovely @Bodgeitandscarper ! Fabric + pattern = beautiful jacket!

I hope you have room for adjustments as the weight drops off you!  ;)

Jessie

I think it will fit for a while yet!!

annieeg

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 09:34:01 AM »
@Bodgeitandscarper
Really great jacket and looks really good on  you!
 :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 09:35:27 AM »
Thank you everyone for your kind comments  0_0

I just need some cooler weather to wear it now, not that I want the warm weather to disappear of course!

Fiona M

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 18:37:49 PM »
That's fabulous!  <3