The Sewing Place

Jaycotts - again

maliw

Jaycotts - again
« on: August 14, 2019, 11:48:57 AM »
Thanks to other enablers on this forum - duck billed scissors, you know who you are, I have just visited the Jaycotts website (no I haven't bought any scissors - yet). I found their blog and what I didn't know was that they have started selling fabric, not online but at the shop. Since when? Also the blog is informative, lots to read and advice re patterns and sewing techniques. Of course they mention tools etc available at Jaycotts but well worth a read if you have a spare hour or two.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

b15erk

Re: Jaycotts - again
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 12:16:09 PM »
@maliw , you enabler you!  Off to have a look - I quite fancy duck scissors!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

maliw

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 15:42:25 PM »
Don't blame me blame -------- twas all their fault that I went to have a look and found allsorts ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 12:36:27 PM »
Does anyone remember Lucky Bags? They were white shiney paper about 8"x10" and had plastic toys, a joke and a couple of pinky grey sweeties in them?

Having placed an order with Jaycott's (my first) yesterday I received one in the post this morning. Instead of the above goodies I got a hump jumper, a measuring tape, two zips, some interfacing, Hooks, eyes and buttons and other stuff!

Oh yes...and three patterns.  :loveit:

Excellent service (23.5 hours from order to delivery) and reasonable prices too!

Shoulda put this on the happy thread.  0_0  0_0  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 12:41:45 PM »
Oh no.... step away from the lucky bags!
When I was small there was a shop that sold fabric lucky bars for 6d... I was in heaven...nothings changed!

wrenkins

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 12:44:19 PM »
Too late.  :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

sewingj

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
I love them - they are often cheapest for patterns and they are also trying to cut down on the plastic they use for packaging

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 13:16:18 PM »
I always use Jaycotts for patterns and other stuff, I've never got any freebies  :(

And I was very, very rarely allowed Lucky Bags when I was young, my mum didn't approve  :(

wrenkins

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 13:40:47 PM »
No no no they weren't free. They had just put all my little treats in a shiney bag!  :o

Marniesews

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 14:09:04 PM »
Very good delivery charges & great range of habby so they're very difficult to fault I've always thought (not that I want to). Even more difficult now they're adding fabric…
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.