The Sewing Place

Hello to all

Skater’sMum

Hello to all
« on: August 14, 2019, 14:47:02 PM »
Hello everyone.
My first day here and so looking forward to reading about your experiences, tips and new ideas.

I’ve been sewing on and off since I learnt at school many moons ago.  My main interests are clothes and soft furnishings.  Having said that I’m just about to embark on a new adventure and try to make myself a handbag.

:D
Enjoying retirement in the sunshine ☀️ 😁 ☀️

Lilian

Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 14:54:31 PM »
Welcome @Skater’sMum  :drink: :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

fajita

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 15:22:12 PM »
Welcome, @Skater’sMum  :flower: :drink:

snoozi soozi

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 16:57:18 PM »
Hello @Skater’sMum welcome, you'll see that we like to know what else goes on in your life too, we're v nosey friendly  :)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Skater’sMum

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 17:25:04 PM »
Hello @Skater’sMum welcome, you'll see that we like to know what else goes on in your life too, we're v nosey friendly  :)
Haha

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 17:53:28 PM »
Welcome Skater'sMum.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Marniesews

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 18:55:54 PM »
Hi Skater's Mum
Welcome to TSP from me too. Don't be too surprised if you get asked about sewing skating dresses,  many of us knew a 'skatersmum' from a previous forum who makes skating costumes.

I hope you get lots of help and inspiration for your bags without too many suggestions for skating dresses.  ;) :D
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Surest1tch

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 19:49:44 PM »
Hello Skaters mum, welcome  :D

Kenora

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 20:10:21 PM »
A very warm welcome from me too. Really looking forward to seeing what you've been making. :snip: :flower:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Vezelay

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 20:57:26 PM »
Welcome to this lovely forum @Skater’sMum. I assumed that must be Skater in your avatar  :)

Nevis5

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 21:05:59 PM »
Hello and welcome, @Skater’sMum  from me too  :toast:

Skater’sMum

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 01:47:04 AM »
Hi Skater's Mum
Welcome to TSP from me too. Don't be too surprised if you get asked about sewing skating dresses,  many of us knew a 'skatersmum' from a previous forum who makes skating costumes.

I hope you get lots of help and inspiration for your bags without too many suggestions for skating dresses.  ;) :D
Whoops - perhaps I should mention it’s skateboarding 

b15erk

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 09:34:00 AM »
Hello there @Skatersmum !  A big welcome from me too, nice to have you here!

I have made a few bags, but nothing I would really use - apart from a few totes, so I'll follow with interest!

Anyone offered you a brew?

:drink: :cake:
Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

BrendaP

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 09:58:45 AM »
Welcome to TSP.

I've often thought about making bags, but I've never done anything more complicated than a tote.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Skater’sMum

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2019, 12:12:26 PM »
Just wanted to say thank you for all the lovely welcomes.

I have been cruising round the site - was a late night as I stayed up way past my bedtime reading some of the diaries.  So much to choose from, so many great ideas and brilliant photos.

It will be amazing to finish the home improvements and get on to the lovely sewing projects I have in mind.