The Sewing Place

Price of PDF patterns

Catllar

Re: Price of PDF patterns
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 19:12:29 PM »
I've just printed trimmed and stuck a PDF of 63 pages. I think I deserve a medal or a stiff drink! :o :gin:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 19:26:06 PM »
I’d go with the stiff drink @Catllar that’s a lot of pages!

Clareew

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 20:36:01 PM »
I really enjoy pdf patterns, especially when they come with Layers which means you only need to print out the size you need so there is no tracing.  I currently favour Sinclair Patterns https://sinclairpatterns.com/ , most of their patterns come in petite/regular/tall which really cuts down on the number of adjustments I have to make.

I print out only the size and pieces I want and them tape them together on the glass back door.

If the pattern has huge pattern pieces then I agree buying pre printed or getting printed on A0 is the way to go.

Tamnymore

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 21:04:29 PM »
I prefer paper patterns  I do buy some pdfs, notably Stylearc, in their sales. The last pattern I bought from them worked out at £6 and with the additional free pattern that's pretty good value.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Catllar

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 22:05:43 PM »
I remember our dear DF is a fan of PDF - sticking and trimming many patterns in one sitting ( or standing)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Acorn

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 22:18:38 PM »
I really enjoy pdf patterns, especially when they come with Layers which means you only need to print out the size you need so there is no tracing.  I currently favour Sinclair Patterns https://sinclairpatterns.com/ , most of their patterns come in petite/regular/tall which really cuts down on the number of adjustments I have to make.

Ooh - thank you!  Always glad to find a new source of patterns, especially when they come with a recommendation.   :D  (And I really like their prices!)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 13:14:48 PM »
I see Sinclair patterns have a free cardigan pattern so might be worth trying to check out fit etc. 

Fiona M

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2019, 13:15:51 PM »
I'm a total convert to pdf patterns.  Having spent a small fortune on single size Style Arc patterns which I had to offload when I lost weight, I now regret not buying more in pdf.  My lovely Jalie pdf patterns; not a problem.  I just reprint in the appropriate size and off I go.  I find once you have assembled a couple you get into 'the zone' and can do it quickly.
Anyhow, heads up; following on from their recent 'bottoms' sale, Style Arc have 25% off their pdf 'tops' until 23rd August, so I have just replaced Blaire and Simone patterns, and also bought Hayward for good measure.

Acorn

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2019, 14:01:51 PM »
Anyhow, heads up; following on from their recent 'bottoms' sale, Style Arc have 25% off their pdf 'tops' until 23rd August, so I have just replaced Blaire and Simone patterns, and also bought Hayward for good measure.

Yes - I've just had the email!!   :D  I hoped this would happen - I have a top already in my basket waiting for just such an occasion (as well as one of the monthly freebies, of course).
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.