The Sewing Place

Sewing room reorganisation

datcat23

Re: Sewing room reorganisation
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 01:04:50 AM »
Wish me luck, today I will be attempting to get some sewing done.

We arrived home Monday afternoon, and yesterday I mostly spent on washing and tidying up the house (children are terrible housekeepers).  The MIL brought the biggest suitcase on the planet, just leaving it open in the middle of the floor.   Since that would mean that I wouldn't be able to get into the room, I did end up emptying out a set of wire drawers, to put in the room at the end of the bed.   She was instructed to unpack her stuff into the drawers, and the suitcase placed into a store cupboard.  I am not sure if I will be able to use my overlocker where it usually is, as she has filled that side table up with all her guff.  I might move it next to the coverstitch, and just move it out of the way when I want to use the CS. 

She did pester me quite a bit yesterday, following me from room to room as I was working, but she's a lonely old soul I assume.  At home, she is often on her own, or only with a disabled grandson for company (and he really only talks when spoken to, more a child than anything).  I set up the ironing board in the lounge, and set to catching up on ironing while watching the cricket, and she took that cue and retired to another room to do a puzzle on her ipad.    She's not well today, so I am hoping she will just settle and have a quiet day. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Gernella

Re: Sewing room reorganisation
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 19:02:38 PM »
This is my current sewing room/space.  The dining room table.

I've been here since May and likely to stay here for a few too many weeks more.  The Bernina overlocker bag I bought is fabulous I just pick up and drop exactly where I want without  worrying I will drop it.  The dotted bag is the the JanetEco bag recently bought which is a Tardis inside and holds everything.  The mini  ironing board is fine for little stuff, such as a purge on alterations (reducing thank goodness), and yet another pair of DH's trousers for shortening.  The iron is behind on a computer shelf.

I've cut small stuff out such as tops but next on the agenda is a coat so I'm hoping I'll be back, if not I can manage on the dining room table.

This is all because of a new kitten taking over my sewing room and being too interested in poking round.  I can cope with that, anybody else and I suspect I would be a very reluctant host and stick them in the junk room (there's a bed in it), assuming they ever got past the front door.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included