The Sewing Place

First proper sew in 2 years!

Kittensposies

First proper sew in 2 years!
« on: September 01, 2019, 17:05:18 PM »
I sewed something!! For the first time in 2 years!!

I couldn’t stand sewing when I was pregnant, then my son was not the kind of baby that would be put down for long enough to sew anything other than baby leggings or top. He’s now 14 months and I took a day off work, when he’s in nursery, and sewed a T-shirt for myself!

The neckline is weird (I generally have issues with necklines) but it felt really good.

Weird discovery: my son is terrified of the over lockers but loves the sound of the sewing machine. Baby logic!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 07:45:29 AM by Iminei »

Ellabella

Re: First proper sew in 2 years!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 17:31:30 PM »
Good for you for having a day to yourself and doing something for you.

Top looks fine to me.

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 17:46:58 PM »
Woohoo!  That's great!  And a great achievement when you have a little one around to 'help'.  Hope you get another chance to sew something else soon x

maliw

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 18:22:39 PM »
Glad you had some 'you' time, great top.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lilian

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 19:32:03 PM »
That's lovely @Kittensposies  :) I wondered where you had gone!  Good to see you back  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Kittensposies

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 19:54:35 PM »
Thank you everyone! I was most chuffed with myself! The dodgy neckline is hidden behind my strategically placed necklace ;)

@Lilian I’ve been lurking! My son is a full on ball of energy, and a sleep fighter, so I generally haven’t replied to much here because as soon as I get a second to read a post and go “ok I’d like to write”, he’s pulling the cat’s tail or emptying out cupboards!

He is getting a bit better at independent play so hopefully some more sewing (and posting) will happen soon! Though I’m trying to shift my baby weight so don’t want to make too much that won’t fit me by Christmas (hopefully!!)

Lachica

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 20:43:03 PM »
Looks good, and a good idea to make some time to do what you want. Too often we allow ourselves to be brainwashed into putting everyone else first.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Sewgorgeous

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 22:37:48 PM »
That looks lovely, I like the pocket, really neat, and  how nice you made time for yourself and did something for you.

Catllar

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 23:21:06 PM »
That's really pretty and I love the fabric!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

wrenkins

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 08:04:57 AM »
Baby weight?!?!?  8) I see no baby weight!  8)
Great that you managed to get a little bit of time for yourself. That's lovely, fits nicely and I love the fabric.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 11:06:06 AM »
Hooray for you, make more stuff  :devil:

I like that top and as for the neckline, that qualifies you for joining the cack-handed sewing section along with myself and ...........  :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Kittensposies

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 12:01:19 PM »
Aw thanks everyone, I’m blushing! The baby weight is well hidden under suck-your-belly-in jeans  ;) I have lost 10lb but have another 30lb to go... it’s going to be a looooong winter without daily cake and chocolate!

It’s a really good point that we get brainwashed into putting everyone else first; it’s something I’ve become much more aware of lately and I was feeling really burned out earlier in the summer. I’ve made much more of an effort to do stuff for me, and it’s made a huge impact on my self esteem!