The Sewing Place

Autumn Equinox Mug Rug Swap

Efemera

Re: Autumn Equinox Mug Rug Swap
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2019, 19:07:23 PM »
@Efemera it's already arrived? :o I posted it on Monday and hoped or would arrive this week   -< I didn't expect it to be that fast!  ><

Hopefully you are not too disappointed  ;)
And you like chocolate, don't you?

It’s lovely..and the chocolate didn’t last long! :D

Lisalou1965

« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2019, 19:34:44 PM »
Finished and will be sending tomorrow. As it is going quite a long way, I hope it will arrive in time. Post can take a long time or no time at all, it really depends on how lucky you are. I have sent letters to the UK which have arrived within five days, and others which have taken three weeks - and this is not dependant on the time of year - just a matter of luck!

I hope my swapee likes it - I certainly enjoyed making, and I tried a new technique, which was fun. Perfect it ain't, but I like it, so hopefully...
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Sakar

« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2019, 19:58:49 PM »
It’s lovely..and the chocolate didn’t last long! :D

That's perfect!! 0_0

Celia

« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2019, 23:05:02 PM »
I am panicking, all these people who have finished their Mug Rugs, I am only just starting, the first one has been shelved as not right, I think I could write a comedy sketch about what went wrong if I could stop crying :(.  so I will be on mark2 this weekend I hope.

Kenora

« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2019, 23:13:18 PM »
Don't worry @Celia - I'm still working on mine. I had to scrap my first one too as it just didn't look right.  :\
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Lilian

« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2019, 23:24:20 PM »
Well after seeing Sakars one. It's gorgeous and mine is not nearly so decorative  :|  Wondering now what to do  -<  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

Lilian

« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2019, 23:26:31 PM »
I am panicking, all these people who have finished their Mug Rugs, I am only just starting, the first one has been shelved as not right, I think I could write a comedy sketch about what went wrong if I could stop crying :(.  so I will be on mark2 this weekend I hope.

There is still over a week to go, you have time to rethink  :) :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

Sara-S

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2019, 02:47:47 AM »
Don't worry @Celia - I'm still working on mine. I had to scrap my first one too as it just didn't look right.  :\
I have no doubt it will be lovely (and have fewer mistakes than mine.)
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Iminei

« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2019, 08:08:15 AM »
Ladies, ladies, ladies ....

Stop Panicking!

Keep Calm and sew on ... This is meant to be fun and easy!

And remember you can bring your favourite technique to this swap.... or learn a new one!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2019, 12:44:53 PM »
Posted mine today.....I thought it was a straight swap, I’ve put nothing in with mine so they won’t know who it’s from  :o
Oh yes they will!!!  0_0
Mine arrived this morning. No postmark, no note, no nuthin! But I recognised the writing didn't I? Ha! Thanks @Efemera they are absolutely gorgeous and beautifully finished.  :loveit: I'd looked at that shape and decided it was too difficult.  :[
They're perfect.
And yes I'll post pics later before you all start.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kenora

« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2019, 13:25:24 PM »
@Iminei - it's fun but it's definitely not easy - all those teeny tiny little pieces. ><
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sheilago

« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2019, 16:44:37 PM »
“Posted mine today.....I thought it was a straight swap, I’ve put nothing in with mine so they won’t know who it’s from”

Me too @Efemera , but luckily(?) I put a card in to own up to who’d sent them! :S Makes it more interesting, I supppose, if it’s not a straight swap.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 16:46:39 PM by Sheilago »

Iminei

« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2019, 18:14:52 PM »
Yes you're right,  Its a straight swap ...

bribes errm Gifts are at your own discretion.

Sheilago

« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2019, 18:38:08 PM »
I think @Iminei, what Efemera meant was that you don’t get a mug rug from the person you sent yours to.

If I’m right, Efemera got one from Sakar, but Efemera’s has gone to Wrenkins

Iminei

« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2019, 18:48:24 PM »
Yes you've all got different partners, drawn by Puzzler in the interests of fairness ...