The Sewing Place

Autumn Equinox Mug Rug Swap

hernibs

Re: Autumn Equinox Mug Rug Swap
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2019, 14:18:26 PM »
I received the most beautiful autumnal decorated envelope yesterday.  Thank you Hernibs, that alone must have taken you ages!

Contents are amazing too - so different from what I did myself.  I'll wait to post pics, especially as we've had a few more days of summer weather so the change of season can wait.

You are welcome - forgive the imperfections from the total novice.

Sara-S

« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2019, 14:23:46 PM »
I see an interesting trend in this thread. Many of us are pretty harsh critics of our own work (myself included) and delighted by the gifts we have received.  They may well have flaws, but we see their beauty and effort, paying little or no attention to those flaws.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

wrenkins

« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2019, 15:46:43 PM »
@Sara-S my dad was a difficult man to please or impress but he had a saying. 'Never criticise or laugh at anyone doing their best'. Quite something coming from him and all the more profound for it.  <3
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

WendyW

« Reply #288 on: September 20, 2019, 15:51:41 PM »
I have not received mine yet. I've not seen that the one I've sent has been received, so I figure the boat is going slow both ways.

hernibs

« Reply #289 on: September 20, 2019, 16:06:06 PM »
 I think all 'crafters' are hard on themselves.

Lisalou1965

« Reply #290 on: September 20, 2019, 16:46:29 PM »
I think all 'crafters' are hard on themselves.

I think that's is right, and also crafters are very appreciative of handmade gifts as they recognise the work that has gone into it.
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

twopence

« Reply #291 on: September 20, 2019, 17:23:28 PM »
@Iminei I received mine yesterday and posted mine off on Wednesday afternoon.  It's a UK address so should arrive without a problem.

Had no internet since Wednesday morning so I've been very quiet.  New router arrived just before lunch and its taken me ages to get it set up.

WendyW

« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2019, 20:07:30 PM »
Mine just arrived in today's mail. Cute packaging from Liverpool. It will look decorative waiting on my table till tomorrow.

Puzzler

« Reply #293 on: September 20, 2019, 21:34:30 PM »
My mug mats have arrived. I got twins! Beautiful fabrics, well-crafted. My gifter had a unique way of letting me know who they were from. All will be revealed on Sunday.  :ninja:

Many thanks to my gifter.  :flower: