The Sewing Place

Autumn Equinox Mug Rug Swap

RJR_38

Re: Autumn Equinox Mug Rug Swap
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2019, 18:13:22 PM »
So I have designed mine and started construction! I have decided to make 2 as they looked better as a pair I think. They are going to be large coaster size/small mat (7 inch square finished)

Celia

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2019, 22:51:58 PM »
Will we know who we are making for?  Can we ask about size or colour preferences?

And, I also think Lowena should join in, if I'm allowed to since this is the first thing I'll have joined in. :)

This will be my first too.
Lorena do join in as maybe it will help you get going again on your sewing, I am hoping it will help me to.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 22:56:05 PM by Celia »

WendyW

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2019, 04:23:21 AM »
I'm in. That won't cost much to send across the pond.

Iminei

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2019, 08:15:53 AM »
Hi Girls and can I say that Im delighted to see so many lightsiders joining in ..

Welcome and Im hoping you'll find The Darkside a bit like Royston Vasey !!!  :devil:

Spoiler: show

Sometime tomorrow I will be pairing you with your partners and let you know who you are making for.

I will need you all to pm me with your names and full addresses in the next week or so ...
these will only be shared with admin and your swapee,
PLEASE mark your pm to me as mug rug swap address otherwise I will never find them by the end of the swap!

You can use any technique for your mug rug/coaster and it can be any size ...
Mine are going to be 6" squares as I can cut them nice and easily with my 6 1/2" sq ruler ...

You can make one Mug Rug/Coaster or a set of 2 or even more for your swapee ...
But please accept and expect you will only be getting ONE in return !

Please make sure you have posted your Mug Rug off to your swapee to arrive by the Autumn Equinox, 23rd September. If you are posting abroad or from abroad please take into account the expected delivery times.

The only theme for this swap is the subject/colours should be AUTUMNAL
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:25:21 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Cheesecake

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2019, 22:46:12 PM »
Can I be in too please  :D.
I finally managed to finish the cushion covers for my sister- only taken me 14 months...

Lisalou1965

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2019, 07:15:53 AM »
Have sent my details to Iminei. I am away until Wednesday on a mini break so I won’t be doing anything about this until next weekend (unless I come across any darling little fabric shops in the south of France...)
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Iminei

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
Deadline for registering your interest is midnight tonight, then I can pair you up this week.

Deadline for posting is 20-22nd September ... depending on which postage service you choose.

It would be nice if the mug rugs arrive about the same time for everyone around the time of the Autumn Equinox on the 23rd ... obviously the further afield they go, the less predictable their delivery times.

Do join in Low!

wrenkins

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
I'm in!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ploshkin

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2019, 17:17:59 PM »
Mine's made but I won't post it until later  :)
Life's too short for ironing.

Lilian

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2019, 17:38:29 PM »
@Ploshkin but it's only just started and we don't know who to post to yet  :o  :)  I haven't even looked at anything to do yet!
Willing but not always able :)

RJR_38

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2019, 17:40:49 PM »
I’ve finished mine as I wanted to do it before I went back to work. Then I can try and time a slot to go to the post office closer to the time. Ours has such rubbish opening hours that it is impossible to go there if you have a full time job!

There is not one too far from work in central London luckily so I usually work out when my quietest day is likely to be and nip out for 20 minutes.

wrenkins

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2019, 19:20:38 PM »
I did one and then realised that not only had I started it but I had also finished it before the start date.  :S
Just as well because it's not great. I've never done a proper mitred binding before and turns out a mug rug is not the best place to start! It's terrible!  0_0
I've made a start on my MR proper and I'm keeping it within my capabilities...I hope.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Bogwoppit

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2019, 21:11:20 PM »
Am I in time to be in?  Been away in no internet land on holiday. Amazing husband survived that long without a laptop.

I've got autumnal fabric. xx
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Cheesecake

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2019, 23:21:14 PM »
I think I’ve worked out what I’m going to do for this.  Just hoping it works out okay.

Iminei

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2019, 07:41:36 AM »
@Bogwoppit  of course your in!

@wrenkins  Binding on small makes is notoriously difficult (well I find it so) so Im turning mine out, slip-stitching them closed and then adding a row of stitching 1/4" from the edge.