The Sewing Place

Autumn Equinox Mug Rug Swap

Puzzler

Re: Autumn Equinox Mug Rug Swap
« Reply #225 on: September 15, 2019, 12:43:56 PM »
I cut my backing an 1” larger than the front, two layers of thin batting the same size as the mug rug front and folded the backing over twice, mitring the corners and finishing it with a slipstitch. I am really impressed at the finished mats so far. As Wrenkins says, it’s a bit of fun among friends. 

RJR_38

« Reply #226 on: September 15, 2019, 13:17:32 PM »
I have received mine but have not opened it yet as a I thought we were waiting!   I will send mine out tomorrow or Tuesday to my recipient as it has a tiny bit of water to swim over  :P

hernibs

« Reply #227 on: September 15, 2019, 16:48:51 PM »
I posted mine on Saturday morning - it will still be in the postbox but will be collected tomorrow.

My recipient will get two.....both imperfect but it's a start for me.  I sent for the wrong wadding - low loft and now realise that it is too thick and is only fusible ( I think I have every kind of interlining stuff but not what I need, what's new?)  on one side - duh - so await the correct double sided fusible and hopefully the next one will be better.....however I mostly did enjoy making these except when I took a photo I realised they are anything but straight...there is more to this than meets the eye.  If you want to be picky take a photo - that'll show the faults up quick smart!

Kitten

« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2019, 18:38:44 PM »
Mine's all ready to post tomorrow. 
I the recipient isn't too unhappy with them (I also did two) as they're not perfect :[ but hopefully still useful.

Iminei

« Reply #229 on: September 16, 2019, 05:18:19 AM »
@Kitten and anyone else who is mithering about this ..

Perfection isnt the Point!

The point is that someone somewhere has given up their time and effort to make you a lil something.

I know whenever I have received something handmade (and often out of the blue) the feeling I have had that someone made something just for me, is indescribable and it lasts ...

Every single day I see and use the thread catcher that our darling @QuiltySisty made for me and think there is at least one person out there cares. Every time I go into the front room and spy TSP bear and his buddy, I smile and think of our dear Vege .... Those feelings cant be bought in a shop and make my world at least just a lil bit better than before.

In all our swaps ... has anyone been less than delighted with what they have received ??? I think not.... You Girls are wonderous making machines, each with your own special skills.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #230 on: September 16, 2019, 20:05:27 PM »
I've been to the Post office this morning! 

Attention MugRat Swappers ... Stand by your beds ...  ;)

Incoming!  :devil:

Lilian

« Reply #231 on: September 16, 2019, 20:10:48 PM »
Snap @Iminei I walked the dog to the post office today  :) I sent it snail mail  :)

Not the dog, the parcel lol
Willing but not always able :)

Celia

« Reply #232 on: September 16, 2019, 23:00:14 PM »
Well two now done first one the centre bit is nicer but binding is a bit off the second is better made but more boring, just hope the recipient will  be happy, wish I had time to do better.

wrenkins

« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2019, 07:04:29 AM »
Posted mine yesterday afternoon!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

fajita

« Reply #234 on: September 17, 2019, 10:05:22 AM »
I got an @Iminei coaster delivered this morning. Thankyou!  What a clever girl you are.

Lowena

« Reply #235 on: September 17, 2019, 10:09:04 AM »
Posting mine tomorrow
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lowena

« Reply #236 on: September 17, 2019, 11:34:43 AM »
Today I received the most gorgeous mats from @Kitten
I will post pics soon. I am in awe of anyone who can manage to do neat and accurate machine applique and Kitten has really cracked it  :loveit:
Thanks again Kitten and I promise the pics will be up today  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Puzzler

« Reply #237 on: September 17, 2019, 11:54:52 AM »
Mine’s been posted this morning.

Sheilago

« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2019, 12:02:38 PM »
Just received my mug rugs. Can’t believe my luck in being Imi’s swapee :D

They are gorgeous, as you’d all expect. I have a set of marble coasters on my coffee table, which are a bit of a liability with two toddler grandchildren! Imi’s will be a wonderful replacement. Will post pictures once we all decide to do it. Thank you, Imi!

Iminei

« Reply #239 on: September 17, 2019, 12:05:28 PM »
Yes lets wait until Sunday to post pics ...  everybody's should have arrived by then

What do you think Girls ???