The Sewing Place

Lets go Camping Quilt by Pat Sloan

Nuttywife59

Lets go Camping Quilt by Pat Sloan
« on: September 21, 2019, 17:22:26 PM »
After starting this quilt last year as a Block of the Month ive finally finished it and I'm really pleased with how its turned out. The quilting is a mixture of bad free motion quilting along with some ruler quilting and using some of the built in designs on my machine.   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Kitten

Re: Lets go Camping Quilt by Pat Sloan
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 17:58:43 PM »
That's really nice and looks very big.

Nuttywife59

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 21:49:12 PM »
It's about 70ins  and just fits nicely on the top of my bed

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 22:06:07 PM »
Wow @Nuttywife59 that is lovely!  :)
Willing but not always able :)

fajita

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 22:38:37 PM »
That looks very accomplished, @Nuttywife59 .  Love all the different quilting.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 22:41:15 PM by fajita »

Nuttywife59

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 23:08:07 PM »
More by luck than anything else I'm afraid. It did have good instructions for making all the blocks.

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 07:54:56 AM »
You've done a great job, it looks lovely.  That's a heck of a lot of quilting you've done there, it must have taken you weeks.
I think all patterns have the dreaded 'Quilt as desired' instruction.  It's really not helpful when you are a beginner.  My first pieced quilt top is still in a cupboard where it ended up after I had no idea how to quilt it.
Life's too short for ironing.

Nuttywife59

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 08:38:18 AM »
As long as you don't look too closely at the back it's ok. I just did a bit of allsorts on it and had a good play around doing it. It really makes you appreciate all the skill that goes into the beautiful quilts you see at the shows.

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 09:03:50 AM »
Loving the 'basket weave' quilting in the middle on point block to the left of the screen, could we have a close up and how you did that please?

Looks beautifully pieced too. Bravo!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Nuttywife59

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 17:32:12 PM »
I'd like to take the credit for being clever with the basket weave but it was a fill stich  that is in my brother machine. I measured the shapes and joined them together in my design centre on machine and when I got the shape right I added the fill stitch. It took a lot of pfaffing around until I got it right. I have got a camera in my machine which I was able to use to help line it up which I spent a lot of time cussing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 20:31:23 PM »
I didn't know machines were capable of doing that!

Oh my goodness, I've just seen your original photo on the big screen.  It's stunning.  The small Kindle image didn't do it justice at all/
Life's too short for ironing.

Nuttywife59

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 21:12:19 PM »
I am lucky to have a Brother XV sewing and Embroidery Machine  which I got last year.