The Sewing Place

Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.

Elnnina

Re: Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2019, 13:03:22 PM »
That was a wonderful 'acquisition' Ohsewsimple,  and I am sure being in the right place at the right time helped as well.  Now all you have to do is just enjoy playing on this machine - look forward to seeing some of your creations.

Iminei

« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2019, 12:10:08 PM »
QUESTION

I have been playing with Elvistoo (oooh er Missus) and have finally come up with a design from the on board files.

Everything is set and I've hooped up and am raring to go but when I press EMBROIDERY which I understand is the thing to do after you have finished editing ....  a message flicks up with a sad smiley saying  THIS EMBROIDERY FRAME CANNOT BE USED

Ive attached the biggest hoop I have (measures 10.5 x 13.5 inches to outside of frame)

Design says it measures 255.8 mmm x 85.5 mm 

I think thats about 8 .75 x 3.25 inches

SO WHAT  am i doing wrong/have I failed to do ????  :'(

Additional Question
can I edit the measurements to inches somewhere?

@Bodgeitandscarper
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lachica

« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2019, 12:37:33 PM »
Have you told it what size hoop you're using? My Pfaff defaults to the small hoop unless the design is very large, I have to select hoop size from a drop down.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Iminei

« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2019, 12:42:47 PM »
The only hoop not grayed out when the design is displayed is the largest which is what I have hooped up ...

But I removed that hoop and put in the absolutely ginormous one that came with the upgrade pack and it came up with the same message!

I checked in settings and the hoop selected was the biggest ... I selected a smaller hoop and went back to the design and it showed the hoop outline on screen cutting through the design ... so I know the largest hoop had been selected before.

At least I have managed to save the design in Elvis's memory .. tho' I think that was a bit of a fluke.

Getting fed up now as I worked on this all morning.

Acorn

« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2019, 13:04:05 PM »
Do you have to tell the machine which hoops you own?  I had to do that with mine (which is a Husqvarna, not a Brother, so this may be irrelevant.)

Have you found the manual online and downloaded it so that you can search it quickly rather than ploughing through the paper one?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2019, 13:23:17 PM »
@Iminei You won't be able to use the hoops from the upgrade pack until you install the upgrade software.  Give me a few minutes to think about the problem (just having lunch!) then I'll be back  :P

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2019, 13:30:38 PM »
Choose a simple design to start  not a big one.  Use the hoops that come with the machine and not the upgrade.  Just get used to using it. 

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2019, 13:36:25 PM »
Another little tip, either label or use a permanent marker to put the size on each hoop in inches, you'll know exactly what you have then.

To get the size of a hoop, use the plastic grid thingy that comes with each one, the squares show the actual embroiderable area, which is what you need to know. 

Oh, and having measured the outside of my 7" x 12" (largest that can be used without the upgrade) it's not anywhere near 10.5 x 13.5", so I think you are trying to use the upgrade hoops without having installed the software for them?

Iminei

« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2019, 13:46:06 PM »
I realised I couldnt use the hoops until the upgrade.

So I chose another design, The Holly Wreath, straight off the book, no fiddling no faffing and much much smaller than the hoop size and I get the same message !

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

This was the design I was slaving over ...

Ive packed him away now, tho' thats not very far away ... he's living on top of the box in the dining room ... If I put him Upstairs I might never touch him again!

Im wondering whether I've not clicked a setting, done something wrong or got a dud machine ....

Sorry if it appears Im moaning about this, especially as it cost so much, you'd think I'd be happy but its incredibly frustrating and taken the shine right off my big present.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 13:49:30 PM by Iminei »

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2019, 13:50:30 PM »
Ok, which hoop is that actually on your machine??  Not the design size, the actual hoop itself?

I have no idea ... theres no labels or numbers its just flaming eeenormous!   Imi xxx
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 13:53:23 PM by Iminei »

Iminei

« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2019, 13:52:22 PM »
Oh, and having measured the outside of my 7" x 12" (largest that can be used without the upgrade) it's not anywhere near 10.5 x 13.5", so I think you are trying to use the upgrade hoops without having installed the software for them?

Oh!! That might be it ... There were so many hoops (but not as many as in the manual) I might have got them mixed up!!!

Can I be bothered to re-set up re-hoop and try ???
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 13:53:56 PM by Iminei »

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2019, 13:56:14 PM »
Get all your hoops out, check their size by using the plastic grid inserts, and get 'em labelled!  It drove me a bit (more?) doolally trying to guess which one was what size!

Go on, try a smaller hoop  0_0
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 13:58:06 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Iminei

« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2019, 14:01:51 PM »
Sadly I dont think thats the fix,

Ive laid all the hoops out and the two largest are not the one I chose

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2019, 14:05:23 PM »
I think it is the problem, it's the width!!!!  The machine will only use a hoop up to 7" wide without the upgrade.  That looks like and 8" x 8" you have hooped up.

Try either the hoop at the top of your pic, or the little one, trust me, they will work.

Iminei

« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2019, 14:09:39 PM »
YES! I assumed the smaller 8x8 inch came with the machine as the other two are Sooooooo big.

Sigh! Phew! Well I suppose I better try it then ... Give me an hour Girls!

Ive now labelled all the inserts with a sharpie in both inches and cms