The Sewing Place

Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2019, 14:14:21 PM »
I'm off out to walk the dogs, so I'll hopefully see your completed stitch out when I get back  0_0

Iminei

« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2019, 14:26:18 PM »
BINGO!!!!

Its working!!

Ive reduced the speed to 600 (from 1050) and will get back to you ....   0_0

OMG, its singing to itself!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 14:28:29 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2019, 15:55:48 PM »
Fantastic!  I don't think I've ever altered the speed on mine, in fact I know I haven't  :|

Is it finished?  How did it do?

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2019, 17:33:58 PM »
 :) :)  :)

Iminei

« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2019, 09:05:43 AM »
OK This was a 51 minute stitch out done yesterday afternoon ...

Its my take on two of Brothers designs from their on board files ... not really my thing but it will I hope make a cushion for little Wren .... and I placed and resized the foliage?

It stitched beautifully, singing away to itself, slowing down on tricky bits and was generally a joy.

Im not sure how I feel about the back though ...

What do you guys think? Is this normal or has Elvis still got a tension problem?

Linky1

Linky2
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:07:33 AM by Iminei »

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2019, 10:34:59 AM »
Oooh, super! 
As for the back, my theory is if the front is ok, then that's fine!  Some designs will show a lot of the top thread on the back anyway, so I wouldn't worry.

You did say the bobbin you wound felt a bit "soft", so perhaps try some pre-wound bobbins?  I get mine from embroideredjust4u

Ploshkin

« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2019, 10:42:15 AM »
That's gorgeous,  If the front looks spot on and its not puckering the fabric at all then I wouldn't worry about the back.  (And it's not often I don't worry about the back)
Life's too short for ironing.

Celia

« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2019, 10:43:00 AM »
The embroidery looks great and I agree the back of machine embroidery on most machines is not very consistent especially on tight curves, narrow pieces when you have lots of colour changes.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2019, 10:47:14 AM »
Could be the bobbin if it’s not wound properly.  Or could be the threading.  What top thread are you using?  And I assume you’re using the correct bobbin thread.  Doubtful the machine tension is faulty.  I’ve never known a new Brother have a problem.

Elnnina

« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2019, 11:59:59 AM »
Imi I am so late in getting to you, but congratulations on your new machine, I do hope that you and your new Elvis will have lots of fun together, now you have to make time to play and enjoy.

Iminei

« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2019, 12:40:24 PM »
Bobbin felt a bit soft too me but what do I know?

Im going to the shop this week so will pick up some prewound, and maybe take whats left on the bobbin and ask if its wound right ...

It has puckered a bit, round the bluebird and orange bird mainly.

more play today.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2019, 14:37:32 PM »
The puckering will probably be the wrong stabiliser for the design or bad hooping.   :)
Bobbin shouldn’t be soft really.  Should be even all across too. 

Iminei

« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2019, 16:05:09 PM »
Stabiliser was stitch n tear ... I really have no idea about stabilisers!?!

well today I have discovered how to import designs through PES and my very first dongle (I want to play with my dongaling !! Ooohh err missus) and to my thrill and deep joy I have found I can enlarge the designs I already own on Elvis ...

linky
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:19:18 AM by Iminei »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2019, 19:07:44 PM »
I tend to use stitch and tear type stabiliser on designs that aren’t too dense.  For dense designs I like to use a cut away.  It supports the higher stitch count better. 
Some stitch and tear, as all stabilisers actually, are better than others.  I find many stitch and tears are patchy in their make up.  When you look at them they have areas that aren’t as thick as others.  And so some parts of an embroidery aren’t so well supported as others. 
Lords Sewing used to do a cd or dvd with loads of info about various stabilisers.  Not sure if they still do it.  Might be worth ringing them. 

Nuttywife59

« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2019, 19:32:26 PM »
Glad you are enjoying your new Elvis.  Like  your designs as long as the front is right I wouldn't worry too much about the back  it as it's never anywhere as good as the front. If you are getting a bit of puckering you could try using some spray starch on your fabric. I mainly use cutaway stabaliser as I have a habit of tearing the tearaway when I hoop it as I'm a bit cack handed at times. Embroidered just for U do a sample pack of different types you can have a play with. You can also loosen the tension off a bit.