The Sewing Place

Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.

Iminei

Re: Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2019, 11:04:49 AM »
Here they are ...   Two G's as her hubby is my Uncle Geoffrey and I didnt want him to feel left out.

linky

Its her birthday on the 10th but I sent them yesterday so she may well have them by now .... Hope she likes them.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2019, 11:34:38 AM »
They're lovely.   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2019, 13:29:37 PM »
Okay @Acorn  @Ohsewsimple  @Morgan  @Celia @Peeps .....  another SOS

Im trying to stitch a label for the Mystery quilt;

Ive typed out what I want on the computer (Brother PES) saved it to the card, taken the card to Elvis, put it in the slot but every time I try and select the saved label onto Elvis's screen it says

This embroidery card cannot be used on this machine

I mean WTF????

So maybe the design is too big ??

So I select a (bought) design for one of the coaster/mug-rats I made, save it to the card and insert it into Elvis (oh Errr Missus!) select the design and we're good to go ...

So WHAT is happening here????

Help please I really want to get this quilt finished!

Acorn

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2019, 13:35:03 PM »
I have to confess that I've never got to grips with the font facility on my machine, so hopefully someone else can shed some light...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lachica

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2019, 13:49:34 PM »
Is the card too big? Is it the wrong format? I'm no expert but my Pfaff won't take a memory stick bigger than (from memory) 500Mb and it has to be formatted to FAT 32 (I might be wrong but something like that). Tech in the machines is way behind tech for laptops/ tablets etc band & it's now difficult to get memory sticks as small now that we're buying 128Gb ones. Just re-read & your card is ok with a different design on. Try a different font & see if that works.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Iminei

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2019, 14:19:04 PM »
Right, Elvis is now stitching away ...

I had included the dates in a different sized font *** on the same line (as it were) as some text and I dont think the computer liked it ... so it said No!

I removed this and we're good to go !

I plan on adding the dates as a second fix, without unhooping the label ...

We'll see if it works ... at the moment I think the label is going to be too big so may have to redo in a smaller font (I wish there was a way of knowing how big letters would be and yes, I know there is a size guide on screen but it never really correlates to how it stitches out.)

I will be back to show you my efforts later ...

Q: WHY would this *** affect the card/computer ???

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2019, 18:36:54 PM »
Was the finished design too big for the selected hoop?   It only has to be slightly too big and it won’t work.

Iminei

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2019, 23:04:53 PM »
Yup! Just outside its parameters apparently !!!

I've modified it and tho' its not as nice and precise as I wanted its stitched, installed and a go!

Ansd I suppose this is the way to learn about Elvis

What is interesting tho' is the error message ... as there is another EM that states 'the design is too big for the hoop'

but I got the other one !?!

Celia

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2019, 07:56:26 AM »
Glad you got it sorted, I have a few problems at home at the moment and am working away for a few days so didn’t spot your question.  @Iminei

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2019, 11:32:47 AM »
Mmm. Presumably the error message is coming up on the embroidery machine?   Seems weird.  It’s a long time since I used a card so trying to dig deep into my memory banks.  Sometimes switching off and on again clears those weird things.  We occasionally had some strange things like that happen at work that we couldn’t account for. 

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2019, 13:26:27 PM »
On a slightly different note, a little warning, @Iminei , if you do a design (such as free standing lace, FSL) which is all white, and you have a white background on your embroidery machine screen... guess what?  You won't be able to see the design!  Took me a little while to work this one out  :S :o

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2019, 17:47:26 PM »
I’m lucky I can change the background colour on my machine.  Otherwise just changing the thread colour works.  Of course not all embroidery machines are in colour anyway.  I believe the Brother 750e would just show a black image for the design. 

Iminei

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2019, 11:16:52 AM »
Is Elvis still too tense ???

@Ohsewsimple @Celia @Acorn @Bodgeitandscarper @anyone else who knows anything about embroidery machines

Ive had a play ....

.... after visiting my longarmer, who also sells and services Brother machines, who said that the tension should be set at 4 on the Brother machines and seeing my tension was set at 00 (and not being able to find anything in his manual that said what the tension should be set at) I decided to try a few alternative settings

I chose the letter H for the first try at 4 (which was recommended) and stopped after Elvis had stitched an I .. which is why the stitch unravelled slightly afterwards.
From then on I chose an I for the letter

Ive written the tension setting by the letter and stitched the letter at 00, 4, 5, 6, 7 and the maximum 8.

if you click on the link you should go to the album and be able to zoom in on the individual pics ...

So what do you embroiderybods think?

Which is right ??

Surely 8 is far too high for a setting ???

Can it be fixed by buying a new bobbin ??

Or does Elvis need to go into the Hospital to get reset ???

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 11:20:04 AM by Iminei »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »
@Iminei none of them look right to me.  Don’t know if I’ve asked before but which bobbin thread are you using!   Should be the green reel of Brother bobbin thread.  It would appear that your top tension should be set at 00 which I find odd but that’s what Brother say.  Even on the highest setting it isn’t right and shouldn’t be up there anyway.  Have you fiddled with the bobbin tension at all?

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2019, 12:46:05 PM »
Not sure I'm any help, cos you know me, I just bodge it and scarper!  My thoughts are if the top (right side) is ok, and no bird's nests on the underneath, then that's fine for me  :)
The edges of those letters don't look very "crisp", but that may just be the font itself?