The Sewing Place

Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.

Morgan

Re: Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2019, 13:03:12 PM »
Good evidence that your top tension unit is working. 

If you can, reset everything to 'default' or factory settings.
Make a note of what the top tension setting is when on factory default.

Next steps - 

First take off the cover for the top tension unit and check & clean  as per these instructions from Lords -

Second - Adjust the tension clip screw on the bobbin case until the stitchout on the back looks like your stitchout +8 but with a little bit more bobbin thread showing.
The article in the link by Lords takes you through what to do, how to set up the test and how to alter that bobbin tension.  It also shows you the picture of what the underside of a Block Capital A should look like when the tension is correct - Link to Bobbin tension setting pdf

Iminei

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2019, 13:48:37 PM »
Before

I adjusted the bobbin tension, but have now reset it back to a horizontal line ....
Im wary of taking the top tension unit apart and also lack the fairy screwdriver needed.

Yes @Ohsewsimple  I'm using the Turquoise reel of white Brother bobbin thread
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 13:57:11 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Celia

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2019, 16:54:43 PM »
I have to say I think I agree with @Bodgeitandscarper, although I have a lot of experience on embroidery machines it’s a long time since I used a Brother machine

Nuttywife59

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2019, 20:27:19 PM »
The longarmer you talked to is partly correct. On my machines the embroidery tension on the settings screen is set at 00 but when you then load up your design and it goes to the embroidery screen the default tension is set at 4 and this is the one you alter.  If your bobbin case has the screw sealed you do not adjust it as it is set for you to use.  The only case you can adjust the tension on is the one which usually has a blue dot in the bottom of it.

Iminei

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2019, 09:31:02 AM »
Blue dots ???

Tension changes once you load the design ???

Oh Lummee !!!

I made this yesterday ...

linky
linky

For Vege's daughter's upcoming birthday ... do you think she will like it?

It stitched beautifully (at +8) and there was even white bobbin thread showing on the back!

(Have I got the commas right there?? The Daughter of Vege, the birthday of the daughter ???  :S)

Iminei

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2019, 09:59:05 AM »
Has anyone got a fool proof way of lining up letters to form a word??

It will require multiple hoopings so must be fairly easy for an idiot me to do ...

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2019, 11:38:42 AM »
Obviously depends how big you want the text.   But use the software as much as you can for  customising and editing.  So much easier. 

wrenkins

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2019, 12:37:19 PM »

For Vege's daughter's upcoming birthday ... do you think she will like it?

Well I love mine to bits if that's any help. I use it as a mouse mat in work so I see it all the time.  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2019, 11:28:03 AM »
Right Im off to Franklins with Puzzler on Saturday so I need some DEFINITIVE answers ...

What SIZE of design can I achieve with the Brother Multi Position Hoop??
Is this the right one ???

Do I have to BUY already Split designs ???

Or is there some technowhizzery I have to do to the design on my computer/machine to split the design???

Machine Brother 750E
Max Hoop/embroidery size 7" x 5"

Still Confused on how to line up lettering to spell words with multi hoopings.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 11:33:24 AM by Iminei »

wrenkins

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2019, 12:54:11 PM »
 By the way did you know that you can get a sprung loaded hoop - I think mine are by Madeira and come in two sizes so if you need to reposition you just press the two butterfly clips together and move the fabric a little and let go - this is all done whilst the fabric is under the needle.

@Elnnina wrote this the other day and I have no idea what it means but thought it might be relevant????  :[
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2019, 12:56:51 PM »
Gobbledygook to me too! :(

Elnnina

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2019, 15:06:29 PM »
To answer your questions about the Madeira Spring loaded embroidery hoop, have a look on Google and Amazon.  It is a very shallow hoop the outer is plastic and the inner ring which is the spring loaded part is in metal.

Using wooden hoops and if you want to reposition your fabric you have to take it out from the machine and undo the fastening and then reposition the fabric and tighten it up again.  With the spring loaded hoop you simply leave the hoop in place on the machine and under the needle and  pinch the two metal butterfly type parts and this releases the inner ring and you can just reposition the fabric quite easily - particularly useful if you want to cover a bigger area - when I was playing with machine embroidery a long time ago using this Madeira hoop was so much easier and is so much flatter than the wooden hoops.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2019, 15:23:54 PM »
no the sprint loaded hoops that @Elnnina talks about is for free machine embroidery and not relevant here.
sorry I haven't got round to replying @Iminei, busy morning. 
I would suggest you ask for a demo of the hoop at Franklins.  but you've probably been and gone by now.
no you don't have too buy split designs.  but designs larger than your embroidery area, 7x5 , will need to be split to enable to be used in the multi position hoop.  thew software you have  will not split it for you as it is basic software. 

Iminei

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2019, 15:47:59 PM »
No! Going on Saturday morning .. so still a full 24 hours plus to brief me .... Please!!!

What about designs like this

or this
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 15:58:08 PM by Iminei »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2019, 17:05:06 PM »
Duh.....read what is written! 0_0.  Sorry obviously not with it!  so that's good then.
The owls design..... you can do the smaller two sizes.  The others will have to be split because they are too big for your embroidery area.   it is the embroidery area rather than the hoop itself that governs the size of designs you can sew in one go.  Splitting this design would probably be easy, if you had the right software, because you could possibly  cut off one owl and part of the branch.  Without seeing how hot is set up it's difficult to say for definite.  but you can see how some designs are easier than others.  This has 3 separate owls and therefore you probably wouldn't be chopping through the middle of an owl. 
The other design we've discussed before.  You can do the two smaller ones but not the larger one without having it split again as far as I can make out.  Without seeing thew actual design file it's difficult to say.  I am assuming the design size is for the leaves as well.  But this is a funny one where you do as you like with all the separate elements......leaves!   
if you want to look at anything in Franklins, it's a good ideas to give them a ring before you go to give them a heads up so they're expecting you.