The Sewing Place

Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2019, 17:10:11 PM »
Sorry Imi, I've not been any help as I don't really know anything about splitting designs.  I spent more of my kids' inheritance on a machine that takes bigger hoops  :|

Iminei

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2019, 17:11:05 PM »
Already rung ahead and we're going early to ensure its quiet ...

Im terrified I'll come home with a brand new machine (yeah Right! ... and you can read that anyway you wish)  ;)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2019, 17:15:06 PM »

...Im terrified I'll come home with a brand new machine (yeah Right! ... and you can read that anyway you wish)  ;)
I can recommend the Brother V3, and it's Upgrade Kit to increase to a 12" x 8" hoop   :P 0_0

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2019, 17:33:46 PM »
Haha.   Yep V3 is a nice machine. 

Iminei

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2019, 07:29:16 AM »
Do tell ... and upgrade kit ?????

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2019, 09:17:40 AM »
Was it Franklins you're going to?  I won't tell you about the offer they have -

Iminei

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2019, 09:25:21 AM »
Yes, Im aware of the price (more than I've ever spent on a car!!!)

But I dont understand about the upgrade kit or why I would need the PES software ...

Surely I could use the PES stuff I have now ???

Is that right?

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »
The upgrade kit upgrades the machine's software so that you can use the 8" x 12" (300mm x 200mm) hoop included in the kit.  The machine itself has the biggest hoop as 300mm x 180mm, so it gives you a bit wider hoop with the upgrade.  And the upgrade kit is FREE with their offer  0_0  If you do buy from them, ask if they will install the software upgrade on the machine for you.  (It's perfectly do-able yourself, you just have to follow the step-by-step instructions very carefully.)

Which PES software do you have?  They all work for all Brother machines, so if you're happy with what you have, then no need for a new one, but have a look at what they can do in case it's more than yours - they are very good prices when bought with a machine!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2019, 09:38:54 AM »
And yes, the prices are eye-watering!  What I don't get is that I've seen some people on facebook groups who have TWO of the top of the range machines, so about £12,000 worth  :o :o :o

Iminei

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2019, 09:46:51 AM »
I have the PES Plus (ie Lite!) but I can make labels with it and open bought designs with it ...
The included designs are all a bit Twee for my taste and Gawd knows why they are so fixated on Disney.

Also dont know if the designs are really so good ... the first one I tried of the frog was misaligned, I havent really tried any of the included pictorial designs since then.

So what are you saying Bodge about the embroidery area???

If I understand it correctly the MAXIMUM stitch area for Elvis (750E) is 5" x 7"  .....
that is the absolute biggest I can go without a multi positionable hoop and splitting designs.

The 800E has a bigger touch screen which is in colour but the same stitch area ???

And the V3 ???/

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2019, 10:03:20 AM »
The V3 has a maximum stitch area of 7" x 12", or 8" x 12" with the (currently free from Franklins) upgrade kit 1.  Doesn't sound a lot different, but actually 8 x 12 is huge.
I wish you live nearer me, you could have come and had a play with mine.

I don't know much about the software, but I would have thought what you've got is fine.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2019, 10:10:05 AM »
My V3 with the big hoop...

Iminei

« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2019, 10:27:57 AM »
So with the (currently free) upgrade you gain an extra inch in width ??? But you have to install the upgrade ...

Do you need to buy a bigger hoop, or is the 8 x 12 hoop supplied with ?

how does the upgrade work?
Does it fool the machine into thinking its bigger than it is (like a man after 4 pints on a friday night)

Lowena

« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2019, 10:30:19 AM »
I suppose most embroidery is for children,hence Disney, especially if you're selling ( other than EWM
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2019, 10:37:57 AM »
The upgrade includes the 8 x 12 hoop, and an 8 x 8 hoop.  And it makes the machine embroider up to 8" wide.  Why it isn't just sold with that ability I don't know.