The Sewing Place

Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.

Iminei

Re: Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2019, 11:34:28 AM »
suppose most embroidery is for children,hence Disney, especially if you're selling

If you do that Disney will come down on you like a ton of bricks apparently... It has happened!

Why it isn't just sold with that ability I don't know.

Click there £££££££££££££££
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 15:46:24 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2019, 13:30:38 PM »
The upgrade kit comes with the hoops.  I think the reason it isn’t just sold like that is because the machine has been around for a while and the upgrade just means you have an option.  If they made the machine with the upgrade the machine would be more expensive. 
@Iminei the 8x12 would be the embroidery area, so a big increase on what you have.  The owl design wouldn’t need to be split! 
You are definitely not allowed to sell Disney embroidered stuff but that goes for a lot of copyrighted and licensed designs.   Brother made a few Laura Ashley machines after the license with Disney expired.  But they weren’t so popular.  Many people that buy these machines do so because of their grandchildren.   

Iminei

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2019, 16:03:48 PM »
Im torn .... Elvis is fine (apart from the Tension issue ... but it doesnt seem to affect the look of the embroidery (that I can see) ... just the amount of top thread I perceive he is using)

But ... Why shouldnt I have something new to me and bloody expensive?

HWMNBN is spending oodles on himself ... make up, clothes, shoes, haircuts, beauty treatments (botax** seriously) Prancing around the country visiting all his 'friends', going out to shows, clubs and do's ...

So to (try and) rationalize ...

I have never had a new to me anything
My marriage ended this year
My looks have gone
My body is going gone to pot (I blame Cornish Yarg!)
There's never going to be anyone interested in me ever again
I have no money of my own
I have no prospects of getting a job
Hes living the life he wants
Going out with all his lovely friends
I stay in all the time (money, not being able to drive after dark, being a single female)
I'm jealous and depressed
I had one birthday present this year (from the lovely Puzzler, thank you Hon xxx)
I'm not expecting anything for Christmas this year
(Husband 0, family 0 ... Some Friends yes, but I wouldnt expect anything from them)

CAN I justify this ???? Nah!

** Not a typo, that what we used to call it after my Auntie Gell told us she was having Botax one year

Acorn

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2019, 16:39:26 PM »
Go for it Iminei.

(Subject, of course, to testing it and making sure it's the one you want, etc etc.)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2019, 16:42:02 PM »
!,2 and 8 are the justification all on their own. The rest are a serious lack of self confidence and self worth which we will shake out of you sooner or later!!!!

Go and order the machine ASAP just because you deserve it.

PS: sell Elvis and don't tell him about it.

Acorn

« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2019, 17:05:41 PM »
^ Greybird said it much better than I did, and she's right in every way.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Kad

« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2019, 17:08:06 PM »
@Iminei , just to play Devil's advocate, but I don't think that Elvis has 'tension issues'. I don't have a Brother machine but the instruction books that accompany my Janome 11000 and the software package both show examples of 'correct tension' that very closely resemble what Elvis produces.

You could always take an example of his output with you when you visit Franklins to see what they think...
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Iminei

« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2019, 17:14:27 PM »
OMG ... Yes, If I did Go For It ... Elvis would be ( Shusssh) Up for a new home to part fund it.

Celia

« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2019, 18:36:58 PM »
Go for it @Iminei if you really want it and feel you will get good use out of it, sometimes we do need to treat ourselves.

BUT as for the other rubbish you talk, you have just lost your confidence and are spending too much time on your own. I know when you have been with someone for a long time it’s difficult to even know what you want to do.

I think you have helped me to get back into my embroidery machine, I have just made a design for Christmas drinks mats, hopefully I will try sewing it out tomorrow. This is from someone who doesn’t do Christmas.

Can’t wait to hear wether you have bought a new machine, have fun tomorrow

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2019, 22:20:51 PM »
@Iminei I hope you have some fun tomorrow. 
And hell yeah, if you want it, you have it!   And as @Celia says, all the other talk is rubbish.  I’ve been there.  There is life after the arsehole you married.  It takes time.  I got a job, volunteered at school, made some new friends and remarried. 
You don’t need to 'justify' buying something you want.  Why do women do that?   Men never do. 
Time to do things that make you happy because you’re worth it.  Ooh, L’Oréal moment anyone? :)

Lowena

« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2019, 22:36:32 PM »
@Iminei did you get my pms?? Are you not talking to me?? :'(
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sewingsue

« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2019, 14:02:31 PM »
@Iminei I hope you have some fun tomorrow. 
And hell yeah, if you want it, you have it!   And as @Celia says, all the other talk is rubbish.  I’ve been there.  There is life after the arsehole you married.  It takes time.  I got a job, volunteered at school, made some new friends and remarried. 
You don’t need to 'justify' buying something you want.  Why do women do that?   Men never do. 
Time to do things that make you happy because you’re worth it.  Ooh, L’Oréal moment anyone? :)
Imi, agreeing with what everyone else has said, especially Greybird.

None of my beeswax, but are you getting a proper finance and property sort-out organised?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2019, 15:41:34 PM »
Sitting here wondering if @Iminei has succumbed to temptation...

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2019, 16:23:05 PM »
Sitting here wondering if @Iminei has succumbed to temptation...

Me too.  :). What do you think?   

Lowena

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2019, 16:45:46 PM »
She said she wouldn't...but who knows ??
Triumph of hope over experience :D