The Sewing Place

Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.

Iminei

Re: Questions from a Machine Embroidery Virgin.
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2020, 08:51:48 AM »
Mine has no storage either .... I think its the way the machine is set up and with the hoop moving over the machine bed ... You dont want to be fiddling about upsetting its movements I guess ...

I keep all my embroidery accessories in a Gift box I received one Christmas from my now ex MIL aeons ago ...
At first it was a general sewing bits and bobs box but I outgrew it ... Now I can just about get my EM stuff in there including ... and this is very important, the Brother bobbins.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sara-S

« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2020, 14:09:52 PM »
 Still working on storage, though I have worked out as couple of issues.
1) Where to put it, when I want to put it away- I went to home Depot (Big-box hardware store chain in the US) and got a rolling tool bag that was the perfect size and even had loads of pockets. 

2) The spool caps- I just leave both on the spool pin. The one I am not using really isn’t in the way and I can’t lose them if they’re on the spool pin.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Iminei

« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2020, 09:48:31 AM »
Is Isacord thread any good?

and what should it cost for 1000m cops?

Thx   :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2020, 10:20:43 AM »
It's a polyester, so colourfast, and SewEssential have it for £3.25.  I've not used it, so can't tell you what it's like in real life.

Celia

« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2020, 13:05:47 PM »
No I haven’t used it either

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2020, 14:00:33 PM »
I’ve used Isacord.  Got it from Sewessential actually.  Never had a problem with it. 

Sara-S

« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2020, 13:59:29 PM »
I was having trouble with the threader on the embroidery machine. It’s back from the shop now. The repair, a screw that was installed too loose (and got a bit looser with time) caused a timing problem.  This  was covered by the warranty.

BTW, I was trying to figure out some storage solutions.  For the small items, I got a little drawer that could be stuck under my work table. The adhesive it came with didn’t hold, so I removed that & replaced it with heavy-duty hook & loops.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 19:30:37 PM by Sara-S »

Iminei

« Reply #307 on: August 07, 2020, 10:45:15 AM »
HOW do I print templates of an embroidery design ???

I only have PES Lite :(

Acorn

« Reply #308 on: August 07, 2020, 12:12:33 PM »
If you open the template file in your software you should be able to then print it out - Under 'File' maybe?  I know nothing about PES Lite, but you can do it with the free software.  I use the free version of Embrilliance for printing templates.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #309 on: August 07, 2020, 12:45:06 PM »
Thats it then PES Incredibly Lite doesnt have any such option ... fume!

And Pleeeaaase dont ask me to download anything Im simply just not that tech ...  :angry:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:47:10 PM by Iminei »

Sara-S

« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2020, 15:24:17 PM »
How often should you replace the needle on an embroidery machine?

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2020, 21:36:45 PM »
That depends on various factors.  The fabric you are stitching on...man made fabrics blunt needles faster.  The number of stitches in a design.  I can usually tell when it needs changing.  The needle makes a popping sound when it’s blunt.  But if you’re doing a very large design change it afterwards.  They should go on for several hours really.  If you find it’s not stitching properly try changing the needle to start with.

Acorn

« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2020, 21:44:57 PM »
I generally find that the thread starts breaking when the needle needs changing.  It does vary a lot - I've just done a lot of work all on one needle, but sometimes I need to change needle in the middle of a fairly modest project.

I'm currently a really big fan of Organ anti-glue needles - they seem to last really well.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.