The Sewing Place

Fabric grips for quilters rule

Lilian

Fabric grips for quilters rule
« on: April 21, 2017, 14:22:49 PM »
I am looking for some clear grips to adhere to my quilting rules.  I have seen a few different ones, some look like sandpaper and a brown colour in the pack.  I'm not sure if these would cover the marking on the rule. Is there a clear one and where would I find them?  I am looking online.
Thanks  :snip:
Willing but not always able :)

Ploshkin

Re: Fabric grips for quilters rule
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 15:44:23 PM »
I've used clear round ones called True Grips from Cotton Patch.  They have a hole in the middle so you can place them over the intersection of 2 lines without obscuring it.  You will find them under ruler accessories (I've never worked out how to copy a link on a Kindle)
Life's too short for ironing.

maliw

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 17:07:30 PM »
I've used clear round ones called True Grips from Cotton Patch.  They have a hole in the middle so you can place them over the intersection of 2 lines without obscuring it.  You will find them under ruler accessories (I've never worked out how to copy a link on a Kindle)
Yes I use something similar, in fact they may be the same but I haven't still got the packaging.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 12:17:47 PM »
Thanks Plosh, and maliw, I did see these but thought they looked quite thick?  If they work for you they should work for me.  I will look into getting some  0_0

rubywishes

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 13:30:22 PM »
I use True Grips as well and don't find them too thick. Very happy with them. 8)
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 13:33:38 PM »
Thanks ruby  :D my mind is made up now  :)