The Sewing Place

Height?

Surest1tch

Re: Height?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 19:07:57 PM »
My sewing table is 79cm, made for me by the OH. Smug, moi?  :loveit:  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

That's fab, do you lend him out for sewing room DIY  :S

snoozi soozi

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 20:35:54 PM »
@Surest1tch  @Acorn thanks, i loves my little sanctuary. The OH could probably add any jobs to his list, his list is never-ending btw so you'd be waiting a wee while  0_0

Sara-S

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2019, 13:27:55 PM »
My tablet is adjustable. For sewing, I set it at 72 cm.  For shutting, I like it at its maximum height of 94 cm. (I am tall and at this setting, I do not have to lean down too much.)
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

ClareInStitches

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 18:12:35 PM »
I recently bought a new gas-lift sewing/office chair from IKEA, it was only £49,, came in a variety of colours ( incl pink and turquoise) and has castors  that only roll freely when you're sat upon the seat - it's to stop the chair from rolling away from you as you sit so you're less likely to land with a bump on the floor .

How are you getting on with your Ikea chair, please, Kad?  I am considering getting one for my re-organised sewing space and looking at the Bleckbergett and the Orfjall. Was yours either of these?

Thanks.

Kad

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 18:20:14 PM »
@ClareInStitches , mine's a FLINTAN chair.
It's got a good range of height adjustment and hasn't faded noticeably despite living in the conservatory.
Not so much patchwork as personal dressmaker to DD

ClareInStitches

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2019, 18:27:06 PM »
Thank you, Kad. I'll add that to my list.
Clare