The Sewing Place

Does Elvis have a tension problem?

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Does Elvis have a tension problem?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2019, 12:04:31 PM »
Not that chunky in the grander scheme of chunky...

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »
@Iminei number 24 the teddy sitting on a log playing the accordion would be quite good.  (Amazing what you can find online   >:)).  The design has enough surface area to check.  Personally I think it needs to go in and be looked at if you’ve done everything suggested but just try this first and out up a piccie.  You can do whatever colours you like.  :)

Iminei

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2019, 12:59:31 PM »
Number 24 ??? onboard design ??

Teddy on a log playing an accordian ....???? .... Really ??? PUHlease ???!!!!

Cant I do number 29 ... Goldfish blowing a bubble
???? Or is that no dense enough?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 13:17:21 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2019, 13:17:26 PM »
Teddy on a log playing an accordion - sounds just right for your new dungarees  0_0 0_0 0_0

Iminei

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2019, 13:59:38 PM »
Is this cutsie wootsie enough for you Ladies ....

Reverse

linky

I think I might make this into a MR and send it to Lowena !!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2019, 14:05:15 PM »
To me, that looks odd the way the bobbin thread is on the outline stitching, like the top thread is very loose.
What threads are you using @Iminei ?

Iminei

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2019, 14:30:52 PM »
Errrm where is the bobbin thread on top?? Or do you mean on the reverse?

The blue outline was my choice, actually all the colours were my choice :D

Do you think buying a new bobbin would fix this tension problem?
Or should I try and find the fairy screwdriver and open up the top to see if there is a problem with the tension plates ??

Or do you (quakes in her boots thinking about the ££££) Elvis needs to go into hospital ???
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 14:33:30 PM by Iminei »

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2019, 14:32:43 PM »
Here you go  the A on mine and a very quick little design.  Light top thread, dark bobbin.  Lots of top thread underneath, it's fine.  Embroidery machines are very different to sewing machines.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2019, 14:34:47 PM »
Errrm where is the bobbin thread on top??

The blue outline was my choice, actually all the colours were my choice :D
Sorry, badly worded on my part!  I meant on the underneath, the bobbin thread looked odd where it stitches the outline.

Iminei

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2019, 14:39:06 PM »
Im still no wiser as to if hes okay or not??  :(

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2019, 14:45:44 PM »
Hahaha.  I agree with @Bodgeitandscarper just right for the dungarees.   :)
Soooooo, there is definitely a problem somewhere.  You have already fiddled with the bobbin case.   :o and had no better result.   Without knowing exactly what the problem is it’s difficult to say if a new bobbin case would fix it.   Do you know anyone nearby who has one that could possibly lend you to see if that is the problem?   Otherwise you have a choice......buy a new case and hope it works.  That will cost around £22 to £25.  Alternatively get it in for servicing and they will advise what the problem is etc.  That will cost more but once it’s serviced should be ok for 2 or 3 years. 
If you do go for the new case, make sure it is a proper Brother one and from a reputable dealer.  Cheap junk from EBay etc ends up as an expensive mistake. 

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2019, 14:47:10 PM »
Sorry just seen your post....so yes he has a problem as far as I can make out as I haven’t seen the actual machine etc etc.   :(

Iminei

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2019, 15:10:34 PM »
Bum!

I think a service will be the way to go then .... sobs pound notes .....

Whilst I was on the phone to my local Engineer, who is very helpful and suggested one more thing to try and actively discouraged me from a service as Hes not had that much use .. Elvis beeped and told me his bobbin thread was running out mid stitch ...

Oh My giddy Aunt! That couldnt be, as I loaded a brand new bobbin the other day ... Anyhoo, much reading through the manual resulted in me finding how how to find out many stitches Elvis had done ... Noted down .. then after cancelling the design and removing the hoop, I found he was telling the truth, the bobbin was indeed going to run out !!!

New bobbin would successfully, and back to the stitch ... but of course I had altered the position of the design within the hoop ... sigh!

Multitudes of cancelling the design, then re-postitioning within the hoop, then peering at where the first stitch landed ensued until it landed bang on target ... I then took my lil numbers that I had noted down and pressed for an eternity until we were about 10 stitches behind the last  ... and finally I restarted the design!

Phew! I can tell you I  am learning a heck of a lot about Elvis from these problems.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 16:13:22 PM by Iminei »

Nuttywife59

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2019, 19:23:23 PM »
When your bobbin runs out you don't need to cancel your design just stop machine and cut stitches and take the hoop off  then put your new bobbin in and replace the hoop then you just carry on from where you left off. 

annieeg

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2019, 09:13:29 AM »
@Iminei
Put me out of my misery ....Is Elvia a codename for your Atelier or do you have a separate embroidery machine ? 8)