The Sewing Place

Quilt top finished

RJR_38

Quilt top finished
« on: September 08, 2019, 20:59:49 PM »
A few weeks ago I asked advice on how to expand a small central panel I had made into a much larger quilt. Well the top is now all pieced together and measures 58x62 so a much better size!

All fabrics are scraps or other pieces from my stash. I have purchased some extra wide backing though.

Next job will be to baste and quilt it when my batting arrives. I normally use cotton or 80/20 but my sister is always cold and will appreciate something thicker for her ‘sofa quilt’ so I have ordered some polyester to try for the first time.

Surest1tch

Re: Quilt top finished
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 21:34:43 PM »
That's really pretty, nicely done

Kenora

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 23:32:50 PM »
That's coming on really well. :flower:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

fajita

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 23:37:13 PM »
Well done!

Lisalou1965

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 17:07:39 PM »
Aw, that is lovely. I remember when you commented that you wanted to make it bigger. I am in the same situation and might take some of your ideas on board. A quilt that started out as a small lap quilt has gone bigger, but not big enough, if that makes sense, so will see what I do with sashing (is that a word?)
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

RJR_38

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 22:33:25 PM »
Thanks everyone :) My other sister turns 30 this week and we are celebrating at the weekend so nothing else will happen for a couple of weeks. After that I shall be quilting like mad and I will post it when finished