The Sewing Place

Butterick half price sale ending, KwikSew starts AND new Vogue summer patterns

UttaRetch

Details here.

From the Vogues, I like:

maliw

I like the Paco Peralta too but I don't know when I would wear it. I mustn't buy any more patterns :[
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

UttaRetch

I think wearing both at the same time might be too much, but each separately would work. 

maliw

I think wearing both at the same time might be too much, but each separately would work.
Yes I like the top and the longer trousers, I've already got several trouser patterns that are similar.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Tamnymore

I quite like the Paco Peralta too but I never wear sleeveless tops so I'd have to convince myself it looked ok with sleeves. Maybe a pattern for the next Vogue sale.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Holly Berry

I like the Paco Peralta too, but not sure about the really wide trousers. I think if I made the other pattern, I would make it as a top with the back lower than the front.
Procrastination get behind me

Didi

I love the idea of the Paco Perlalata pattern but then I do Often find myself drawn to that style. Unfortunately they look good on the tall slim models but not so good on the short squat me

UttaRetch

I never wear sleeveless tops so I'd have to convince myself it looked ok with sleeves.

I wear full sleeves even in summer, but I like the top with the long trousers.  There is probably a similar Vogue top with sleeves and at one time, I might have considered this.

DementedFairy

I liked that Peralta, but like everyone else, not keen on completely sleeveless OR voluminous trousers.  I think it might look good over  a long but not massively full skirt though, or just as a dress on its own...

I like the sleeves on this Laroche, but the rest is...er...
http://www.sewdirect.com/acatalog/Vogue-V1548.html

The rest, typical for summer, is all beach or cocktail party stuff to my eye.  I'll wait for Autumn/winter, much better for our 'temperate' climes
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

The pattern has been reproduced from Guy Laroche's 2016/2017 Autumn/Winter collection.

Efemera

I bought this....I want some easy wear woven tops for summer

Tamnymore

DF and UR. Yes I wondered about that Laroche pattern. I'd have to lengthen it though if it was to be a dress. Looks much better in the black. Except for wedding dresses, pure white dresses seem to whisper 'Tomato soup, curry, coffee... come spill yourselves on me.....'.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde