The Sewing Place

Inspired by.... contest - 1.10. - 31.10.2019

toileandtrouble

Re: Inspired by.... contest - 1.10. - 31.10.2019
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 15:20:27 PM »
And another deadline bites the dust.  Unusual number of unexpected visitors this month, including a niece and nephew we haven't seen for 3 years, all lovely to see, but taking out my spare time.  Children all came to see us and put on a buffet so I wouldn't have to cook, so of course I had to clean house.  While bottoming the ironing pile, thought I would save time by putting on interfacing while the iron was on.  Fastened one piece onto the wrong side of a front, so just a little bit of tidying up to do there.   :\
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Manuela

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2019, 03:27:29 AM »
Please upload your submissions by November 7th  :)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2019, 18:01:55 PM »
SewRuthieSews' Entry for the Inspired By contest

I was inspired by this style of top which has a woven front but a stretchy jersey back.

I used New Look 6420 View A (long sleeved batwing top).

As this is a knits only pattern and I was using woven and knit together, I cut up a size and flared out the hem. In the end I kept the extra size in the sleeves, but removed most of the extra added in the body as it was very loose.

Burgundy woven front, jersey back top.

I would definitely sew this again, its a great way of using woven fabrics in a dressy t-shirt. And I know it will get a lot more wear in my lifestyle than a blouse, plus the comfort of the jersey back is wonderful.