The Sewing Place

The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!

Greybird

Re: The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2019, 11:45:09 AM »
Who would have thought that such small things could encompass such variety! They are all beautiful, well done everybody.

Sara-S

Re: The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2019, 13:20:40 PM »
I received this wonderful quartet from @Lisalou1965 ;
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I’ve also had the pleasure of learning that she & I have more in common than sewing.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2019, 13:43:24 PM »
Beautiful applique from @Kitten . Thank you so much for the pair of mats <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lowena

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2019, 13:44:26 PM »
Showing the great backing fabric

Lowena

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2019, 13:47:00 PM »
I wish I could do machine applique, especially with curves. @Kitten has managed it faultlessly

Kenora

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2019, 14:20:28 PM »
I got caught out - I didn't think we were posting photos until Sunday.

This is the little batik mug rug that Sara-S sent me all the way from the USA, along with a charming hand-made card.

Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

hernibs

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2019, 14:26:34 PM »
Here you go Hernibs

To the Wonderful Hernibs from The PMRSODDD

Oh you are a kind soul.... ladies, this these are my gorgeous goodies from Iminei and Elvis of course.
This, along with another act of generosity just overwhelmed me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 15:48:00 PM by hernibs »

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2019, 14:29:08 PM »
My two beautiful mats from @Sheilago

hernibs

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2019, 14:41:11 PM »
I give up!
Actually this is one of RJR38's mug rugs - sorry I can't seem to get the other one uploaded.

I will keep trying - have to do it on my phone and although I 'thought' I had is sussed obviously not....sorry Rachel.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 17:15:24 PM by hernibs »

WendyW

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2019, 15:37:28 PM »
I received a full package from @StitchinTime. Mug rug, matching coaster, and a cute little EPP kit as a bonus. I've done EEP before, but I've never seen a kit like this; I've only seen large packs of one shape template. This will be fun to complete.

Stitchin', HOW on earth do you manage such tiny piecing!? And those bindings! Barely a 1/4" and they are PERFECT! You have now challenged me to improve my skills. I'm not sure I can bring myself to use it. It may end up as a rug or wall hanging in the doll house I intend to decorate with my granddaughter. It will be safer there than on my coffee table.

Autum mug rug exchange 2 by CraftymamaMN, on Flickr

Autumn mug rug exchange 1 by CraftymamaMN, on Flickr

All the work shown in this exchange has been lovely! I considered doing the leaf-shaped coasters like Wrenkins and Iminei received. I'm glad I changed my mind. I'd hate to be in direct competition with those creators!
I particularly like the coasters that are machine embroidered with the variegated thread. Those are sharp! 
@Pearl and @Iminei what is the green spiky thing on the bottom-right coaster? I assume it's some type of nut in it's natural form- we have walnuts and pecans here that grow in a similar fashion, but I've never seen a spiky one, and in the US we don't use it as a symbol of fall.
Whoever made @Sara-S's coasters- the disappearing 9-patch under the cathedral window is very creative! I like the look!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 16:00:26 PM by WendyW »

Kitten

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2019, 16:20:56 PM »
The variety, and quality, is amazing.  Such different ideas from one theme.

I'll post pictures once mine arrives (maybe should do a test like @hernibs did).

StitchinTime

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2019, 16:32:42 PM »
I received a gorgeous set of appliquéd mug rugs from @Lilian. The seam matching is perfect and the top stitching thread is lovely and shimmery. What’s more, they are reversible!

In an inspired move, Lilian sent them wrapped in freezer paper which will be carefully ironed and will come in very useful.

StitchinTime

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2019, 16:37:41 PM »
I also received a bonus set of mug rugs from the Phantom Mug Rug Swapper and her stitching singing sidekick.

It is lovely that both sets are appliquéd as this is something I’ve not tried myself.

Sheilago

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2019, 17:06:07 PM »
Here are my set of 5 from Iminei: they are beautiful and a perfect colour match for my lounge  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  . Thanks @Iminei  :D

annieeg

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2019, 17:23:11 PM »
Although I'm not a participant, I am a very respectful observer  0_0
They all look inspirational, high standard and attractive (like their creators are - I'm sure :D :D).
Annie