The Sewing Place

The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!

twopence

Re: The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2019, 17:54:46 PM »
Here’s mine from Pearl along with the needle threader she also sent.  Very thoughtful Pearl as it’s much needed with my shaky hand.

I’ve loved looking at all of these.

Celia

Re: The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2019, 18:36:16 PM »
Here is mine from Sandra, it is beautifully made and I just love the colours and Lovely Owl.

Just checked the photo does not do it justice I might try another tomorrow
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 18:58:55 PM by Celia »

Celia

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2019, 18:39:32 PM »
And another from Elvis with a little help from Imi lovely use of the variegated threads.

@Celia ... not variegated, 3 different colours ... (sewn mid/top/bottom for some reason?)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 07:14:29 AM by Iminei »

Ivydene

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2019, 18:48:57 PM »
Oh my gosh. Those are all stunning. I have never tried anything like the items you have made and quite honestly wouldn’t know where to start. I am in awe.

Lisalou1965

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2019, 19:33:29 PM »
You guys are awesome - Well done to all!
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Sakar

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2019, 19:33:58 PM »
I've recieved a nice little card and a wonderful pieced MugRug with little appliques and a great quilting 0_0 Thank you very much, @Kenora !!  :* It will directly go by the side of my sewing machine to keep my tea while working now in Wintertime!  :flower:

How do you get this perfect points? And this binding?? :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 19:40:04 PM by Sakar »

Sewingsue

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2019, 19:41:12 PM »
Wow ladies, so much talent  <3
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Lilian

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2019, 19:52:00 PM »
This is mine from @Celia beautiful fabric and nicely stitched, I like that there are two different sizes. I love them!  Thank you so much Celia  :flower:  I couldn't seem to get the colours to look as true as they are but they are such rich colours  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Cheesecake

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2019, 20:39:14 PM »
Here is my lovely set from @wrenkins, getting a lovely little collection of wrenkin made items in my living room now.

RJR_38

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2019, 21:34:29 PM »
Here is my lovely mug rug from fajita with lovely fmq :) Thank you so much!  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Lilian

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2019, 22:03:51 PM »
@WendyW The spiky thing is the fruit of a horse chestnut tree, the nut in the middle we commonly call a conker, they are falling from the trees at this time of year lol   :)  (mind your head!)
Willing but not always able :)

wrenkins

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2019, 08:40:32 AM »
And another from Elvis with a little help from Imi lovely use of the variegated threads.

@Celia ... not variegated, 3 different colours ... (sewn mid/top/bottom for some reason?)

@Iminei embroidery always starts in the middle so that you don't run out of fabric at the extremes. Like drawing a map...you always run out of paper at the important bit. No? Just me???
loving that green orange and yellow man!  :loveit:

@Cheesecake sorry you always seem to get stuck with me. At least your stuff is matching even if it is a bit 'rustic'.  0_0 They look very purple in the pictures.  :x My pics of Effie's look all peely wally but they're lovely soft deep golds. Note to self:- get a better camera before the next swap!!!  0_0 (or is it the BAGATHON!!!!?).  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2019, 08:50:04 AM »
@Cheesecake sorry you always seem to get stuck with me.

When I draw partners for our swaps it is always random and with another person (used to be him, but my neighbour is getting quite used to drawing strange names out of a bowl by now)  ... This one was drawn by Puzzler

You two must be meant to be together!!! :D

@WendyW   Conkers are a very autumnal thing over here ... I dont know these days (Elf and safety and all) but playing conkers in the playground used to be a big deal during school days and many efforts were made to make your conker the hardest of them all!

World Championships
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 08:57:46 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kitten

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2019, 09:53:19 AM »
I had a lovely message from @WendyW last night who let me know that mine was posted ages ago but should be here soon, it is coming a long, long way.  She also let me see a photo, and WOW, it's stunning, and said I can share it here.

Thank you so much.  I love it.

I've not added a photo before so please bear with me.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Iminei

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2019, 10:03:15 AM »
Oh thats just FAB!

Well done to WendyW for having the nouse to send you a pic ...

and of course I have assembled all these lovelies together in a Gallery

TSP'S Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019

Now according to my Ahem !!! extremely high tech method of keeping a track of things ...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I think the only ones not to have got to their new homes are ...

From WendyW to Kitten, though we have a pic

From Wildatlanticway to Lisalou ... but that is because of some confusion about dates so hopefully will be turning up next week

and lastly

From Hernibs to Bogwoppit, but I expect that will be on its way shortly Please ignore that last comment

Do let us know when they arrive, when theyve been posted Ladies ... and hopefully we will be cheering them past the finishing post later this week.

*** Please let me know if I have missed yours out!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 16:24:25 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again