The Sewing Place

The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!

wrenkins

Re: The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2019, 10:28:49 AM »
I received the most beautiful autumnal decorated envelope yesterday.  Thank you Hernibs, that alone must have taken you ages!

Contents are amazing too - so different from what I did myself.  I'll wait to post pics, especially as we've had a few more days of summer weather so the change of season can wait.

@Bogwoppit had her's ages ago. P'r'aps she's nodded orf!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

PollyWally

Re: The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2019, 13:39:29 PM »
Thank you for putting all the photos together @Iminei , it seems to be a bit hit or miss as to whether I can see the photos in the thread. They all look amazing and so creative.

hernibs

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2019, 14:17:34 PM »
...and this camera/computer/phone challenged person is going to try to upload RJR38's second mug rug...
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Yippee...the colours are much better in real life....thanks Rachel and b sorry for the delay.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 14:19:24 PM by hernibs »

hernibs

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2019, 14:21:03 PM »
I received the most beautiful autumnal decorated envelope yesterday.  Thank you Hernibs, that alone must have taken you ages!

Contents are amazing too - so different from what I did myself.  I'll wait to post pics, especially as we've had a few more days of summer weather so the change of season can wait.

@Bogwoppit had her's ages ago. P'r'aps she's nodded orf!  0_0

Or... perhaps I bribed her not to post!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 21:42:18 PM by hernibs »

Iminei

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2019, 16:22:42 PM »
Thank you Wrenkies and hernibs ... I told you I was losing it!

Yes @Bogwoppit  Please do post pics!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bogwoppit

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2019, 19:26:10 PM »
Just waiting for the coffee to brew for an action shot... 

aaaaannnnddd???? How long does your coffee take to brew ???? We're on tenterhooks here!

Imi
xxx
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:45:30 AM by Iminei »
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

RJR_38

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2019, 21:40:56 PM »
@hernibs well done for persevering with the photo thing! It’s actually quite easy compared to some sites once you have done it a few times.

hernibs

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2019, 21:45:00 PM »
RJR38 I did, after Acorn told me how, understand the process but trying to post the two together didn't work....said there was an error - pics were too big I think....then went back and tried to make them smaller - augh - let's not go down that road anymore....Imi posted the ones she sent me so hopefully all is well with the world.  As I said your 'brown' leaf is much nicer in real life!!

BrendaP

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2019, 21:57:59 PM »
What a fantastic variety of coasters and mug rugs everyone has produced.  Well done everyone.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

RJR_38

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2019, 06:35:42 AM »
On my other board they host a Christmas Ornament swap. It allows for huge variety dependent on peoples skills (knitting, crochet, felt ones, quilted ones etc). Do you think we should do one on here @Iminei? I don’t mind organising names etc if needed

Lisalou1965

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2019, 08:32:49 AM »
@RGR_38, funny you should say that, I used to do a Crafty Secret Santa on another forum and I was going to suggest something similar
@Iminei whatcha reckon? I’m up for helping to host if you need it?
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Iminei

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2019, 08:44:13 AM »
We already have a general TSP Secret Santa that we have held for the last two years, which of course can include homemade gifts, so I think Christmas is covered ..

However, as this swap has been so well received, I'm thinking of holding another Mug Rat Swap for the Spring Equinox!

If you like the idea, you can start thinking of designs now in preparation for it.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lisalou1965

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2019, 09:00:21 AM »
Sounds great!!!

Lx

Lisalou1965

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2019, 11:48:55 AM »
Husband just texted me that a little parcel has arrived aaaall the way from Ireland! Eeeek, exciting, can't see it until four!!!!

Lx

Bogwoppit

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2019, 13:14:38 PM »
Here goes.

Sorry for the delay.  When I came to upload the picture I found my subscription had lapsed so hit a brick wall.  I don't do money things on the phone so this afternoon I set up the computer.

Image doesn't do justice to the sparkles on the fabric and gold highlights on the embelishments.  I think that I've used the little mat correctly.....
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 13:16:25 PM by Bogwoppit »
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.