The Sewing Place

The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!

Ellabella

Re: The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2019, 13:59:36 PM »
You girls are absolutely amazing, the work and ideas on show are fantastic.

So Chic

Re: The Sewing Places' Autumnal Equinox Mug Rat Swap 2019 ... The Big Reveal!!!!!
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2019, 14:46:13 PM »
I am so impressed with all of these, it's amazing the creativity that this forum produces.  Well done to everybody.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

maliw

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2019, 16:38:22 PM »
A big "WELL DONE" everybody, some lovely work and great results.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

hernibs

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2019, 16:41:29 PM »
Here goes.

Sorry for the delay.  When I came to upload the picture I found my subscription had lapsed so hit a brick wall.  I don't do money things on the phone so this afternoon I set up the computer.

Image doesn't do justice to the sparkles on the fabric and gold highlights on the embelishments.  I think that I've used the little mat correctly.....
[/quote

The glass is not meant to go inside the flaps.  They are just there for added insulating.

Thanks for posting so sylishly given that my work is novice quality
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 16:44:32 PM by hernibs »

Lilian

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2019, 16:46:06 PM »
We already have a general TSP Secret Santa that we have held for the last two years, which of course can include homemade gifts, so I think Christmas is covered ..

However, as this swap has been so well received, I'm thinking of holding another Mug Rat Swap for the Spring Equinox!

If you like the idea, you can start thinking of designs now in preparation for it.

I've enjoyed it so much and was thinking about a "Winter Solstice" swap? if it's not too near Christmas, I don't do Christmas  :\
Willing but not always able :)

Kenora

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2019, 17:02:56 PM »
I don't "do" Christmas either  :S - how about a Winter Scenes swap?  -<
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Lilian

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2019, 17:16:55 PM »
I don't "do" Christmas either  :S - how about a Winter Scenes swap?  -<

@Kenora  Scenes! I'd have to think about what fabric I have, I do have some Christmassy fabric but never used it yet.  I think I could fussy cut some of it to make a scene  :) :snip:

I was thinking more on the lines of Stonehenge!  Lol

Lowena

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2019, 18:37:01 PM »
I can't see that a Winter Solstice; Winter in general or Christmas themed swap would interfere with the Secret Santa.... most people buy stuff for the Secret Santa whereas the sewaswapalongathon would be something specially made for the occasion.
I think any of the above would be a good idea and you could count me in as long as it wasn't anything too complex  :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 18:51:17 PM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Kitten

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2019, 18:44:16 PM »
I like the idea of a winter mug rug swap.  :D

Also just wanted to say a big thank you to @WendyW for her autumn mug rug which arrived today along with a lovely note.  It's even better in the flesh than in the photo.

Thanks again
Kitten

WendyW

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2019, 19:02:03 PM »
I am glad it finally arrived! Enjoy!

RJR_38

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2019, 21:59:26 PM »
Good to know we do Secret Santa here too. My American board has been signing up for weeks and we will get our names mid-end October so we can spend time collecting and personalising. I LOVE Christmas lol

Iminei

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2019, 07:10:23 AM »
So Lisalou, I think you are the last to receive ... has it arrived yet ???

and @Kitten, as yours has touched down on UK soil could we have another pic please ?? !
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:13:13 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lisalou1965

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2019, 12:19:31 PM »
Hi all, sorry - my computer had an mad attack and has been misbehaving. Back online properly now. I have a problem, I need to subscribe to put my photo up, but I don't have paypal. Is there another way to make the payment? If not, I will have to set up paypal, which takes a few days, I think. My bank account has to be verified or something...

On the other hand, if I posted it on facebook, could someone pick it up and post it? To save time.
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Bogwoppit

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2019, 12:42:09 PM »
Here's another look at the loveliness I received from Hernibs, without the staging.  About to be used for my bowl of soup and glass of water. In a house full of men and boys it's great to have something to make me feel special. Xx

Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Lilian

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2019, 13:20:30 PM »
That's beautiful! Lucky you @Bogwoppit . Love the. Embellishments   :) great work @hernibs  :thread: :)