The Sewing Place

Style Arc Katherine trousers (I don't call them pants)

Ploshkin

Re: Style Arc Katherine trousers (I don't call them pants)
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 09:31:00 AM »
Welcome back @Renegade Sewist   I think someone on here mentioned you yesterday and you appear like a genie from a bottle  :)
Life's too short for ironing.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 09:44:20 AM »
Yes @Ploshkin , I just discovered that. @Manuela was sharing one of my favorite *Americanisms*, rat's Patootie.  Just dipping my toe in a bit here and there as time allows. Hope to re land here about the end of October.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 00:31:10 AM »
Great job!
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Kenora

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2019, 18:24:41 PM »
@Ploshkin - I cut out my Katherine trousers this afternoon and made a start on them. Can I ask you - did you use the "Pocket Edge" piece? I thought about it, but decided it would make the finished edge too thick.

I've also thought about cutting off the rounded pocket and lining it up with the front leg seam to avoid the problem you had with the top stitching. I only use a pocket for a tissue, nothing else, so size wouldn't be an issue. :) I didn't have very long to play so haven't actually done it yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Ploshkin

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 18:39:40 PM »
@Kenora I cut the pocket edge piece from a bit of lightweight, woven, fusible interfacing.  I think the picket edge needs something to stabilise it.  I used a bit of quilting cotton for the front side of the pocket bag which also cuts down on thickness in the top of pocket seam.
Life's too short for ironing.

Kenora

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2019, 18:59:52 PM »
Thanks @Ploshkin - just using interfacing for the pocket edge is a good idea. I thought the instructed main fabric plus interfacing would be too much. I'll also have a go at sewing the pocket into the front seam tomorrow, as I found that leaving the pocket bag "flapping" made the top of the pocket gape.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Catllar

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 14:58:16 PM »
Great finished job you made of your trousers!
 :flower:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !