The Sewing Place

Miracles

Tiggy

Miracles
« on: September 27, 2019, 19:48:18 PM »
My daughter needed a black dress.  Not really being into clothes, she didn't know where to start, so I took a deep breath and suggested I make her a little black dress... and she agreed.  So, for the first time in 20 years, I made my daughter a dress.

https://jaycotts.co.uk/collections/patterns_dresses/products/nl6429-misses-dresses     View B

It has a French Dart, which turned out to be interesting, because she is breastfeeding.  LOL  I pin-fitted her before she fed the baby, but when I fitted the dress, she had just fed the baby and had dropped a cup size  >:)  We decided to leave it as it was, to allow room for expansion.  Luckily, the pucker in the dart disappeared as the day went on.

My next project is a Christening Gown.  No French Darts in that,  :D
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

toileandtrouble

Re: Miracles
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 20:33:15 PM »
Well done.  It's a lovely feeling when you can make something for someone you love.
Wait there in Fabworks, I'm sure to be along soon and I'll say Hello. (While you are waiting, you could search out some autumny prints for a blouse)   :D
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Vezelay

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 20:48:09 PM »
I never even heard of a French dart before  :| so I checked it out on YouTube and am much wiser now  :). Than you Tiggy!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 13:37:11 PM »
I'm assuming she liked it, you didn't say? So, good result all round, well done  :)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew