The Sewing Place

Blue wool mix trousers

Silver Rose

Blue wool mix trousers
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:40:24 AM »
I bought some navy blue suiting weight wool mix fabric a few weeks ago when I was in Woodbridge.I wasn't convinced it was pure wool as per the label in the shop so I did a burn test and I reckon it has some polyester in it but it has a warm feel. Anyway I managed to cut out last Friday and am slowly working on it, mostly standing up because my back is still sore and tight so haven't sat at the sewing machine yet. It is the same pattern (M6901) as the last pair I made which I am pleased with.
Still learning

jintie

Re: Blue wool mix trousers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 15:27:00 PM »
I have some crepe navy I am thinking for trousers. It was bought a long time ago, and might also be a mix.
Rottweiler with scissors

Silver Rose

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 09:26:01 AM »
Yesterday I managed to sew the darts, the front and back seams and the zip is tacked ready to be sewn in. Also made the waist facing and just have to hand finish the bias binding on the edge, I have chosen a pretty floral binding with blues and mauves as a contrast to the plain navy. I might be able to sit for a longer time today.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 08:46:15 AM »
The zip is in and I have hand finished the bias binding on the waist facing  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Also the pocket and side front are half done. Slow progress due to the blasted sciatica which is now easing.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 23:04:08 PM »
That is so pretty @Silver Rose , I’m looking forward to seeing the finished trousers.
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Tiggy

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 19:32:38 PM »
The binding is so pretty.
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 16:56:34 PM »
The seams are tacked and fitted and are ready to sew but not today. Then I'll put the waist facing on and do the hems. They are going to be lovely and warm for the colder weather.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 15:52:20 PM »
All done except for the hems, haven't had the time or the inclination ;)
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 10:08:37 AM »
I've finished the hems and given the trousers a good press, I am pleased with them except they are a bit tight in the derriere, that is due to slight expansion round the b*m because I have been inactive for a few weeks. I'll soon get that off when I get back to normal with longer walks and if I am brave enough some cycling. What to do next? I might have enough leftover fabric to make a waistcoat.
Still learning